The Magnificent Eigh

"Aah! It's been quite a while since I time-jumped far enough to experience side effects." Dad said getting out of his seat. "Fond memories." He said sarcastically. "I can't feel my face." Jax. Complained. "Fine feel I." Snart said not make sense. "Linguistic dysplasia, that should pass shortly." Dad told him. "Better it now." Snart moaned. "Am I the only one who can't feel their face?" Jax complained. "I can't feel my... I better not say." Ray said obviously talking about his private parts. "Mr. Rory appears unaffected so dose Valentina." Stein said. "How come your never affected?" Jax asked me. "In very rare cases it doesn't affect some people and I happen to be apart of that very select few." I laughed. "What's going on? We time-jump?" He asked sheepishly. "Yeah, we time-jumped. But where to? is the better question?" Sarah asked dad. "The town of Salvation, the Dakota territory, 1871." Dad replied. "I can't believe it... the Old West." Ray said excitedly. "This isn't going to work." Mick said to dad. "It'll buy us time. We can hide out here while the Hunters search the other Fragmentations." Dad replied. "What if they decide to check this place first?" Mick asked. "You know, feel free to loop us in whenever it's convenient." Kendra said wanting to know what's going on. "As you've seen, time doesn't operate as is generally thought. It wants to happen. It takes time to harden. The... the timeline is unclear on occasion, constantly in flux." Dad started. "Hence the difficulty in locating Savage throughout history." Stein added. "Indeed. And one of the other interesting notions of time travel is the existence of Fragmentations." Dad told us. "Temporal blind spots, specific places and times the Time Masters can't see." Mick dumbed it down. "The town of Salvation and its surrounding environs are located within one of these Fragmentations." Dad told us. "So, basically, we're hiding out in the Old West and hoping your boogeymen don't find us here." Snart clarified. "The Hunters are not boogeymen. And you better hope they don't find us." Mick warned us. "Well, at least not until I get a chance to "punch a few doggies" or "bust a bronco" or two. Not that I condone animal cruelty. It's just that I watched a lot of Westerns as a kid." Ray said explaining his choice of words. "Alas, you'll have to enjoy the Old West from in here, I'm afraid." Dad said killing the fun. "Oh, come on. What's the harm in us just taking a look around?" Sarah asked. "With this group? Clearly, you haven't been paying attention." Stein pointed out. "Ugh, if I'm in the Old West and I don't get to look around, I'm going to kick myself." Ray said.
"I could help with that." Snart said wanting to kick Ray. "I'll keep an eye on them. Don't worry. I'll be a good boy." Mick told dad. lasers squeal]

Ray chuckled "I look just like Wyatt Earp." "Now, the fabricator can make clothing, but you're also going to need era-appropriate protection. This era can get a little, uh, rough." Dad said getting some guns. "Oh, six shooters?" Jax asked liking the guns. "Actually, most guns of that time period had hammer blocks, thus reducing the number of shots to five." Ray corrected Jax. "Now, this should go without saying, but considering this group, I am going to say it... only use these weapons in the case of extreme emergencies." Dad said handing two guns out one to Kendra one to Sarah. "You make it sound like you're not coming with." Kendra said. "From your duster and revolver, I'd imagined you as much an Old West aficionado as Dr. Palmer." Stein pointed out. "Indeed I am. But my time is best spent back here on the ship, plotting our next move against Vandal Savage. Besides, as Mr. Rory says, it's only a matter of time before the Hunters find us here." Dad said. "Don't worry. We're not going to put down roots." Snart said reassuring him. "Yeah, we'll stay out of trouble." Sarah said tossing me a gun. "Um no no no she is not having a gun." Dad said to Sarah. "Oh come on she needs to defend herself." Sarah argued. "Well there are plenty of you to protect her." Dad replied. "I was part of the league of assassins for 2 years I think I can handle a gun." I told dad rolling my eyes. "Good then you won't need a gun to protect yourself." Dad told me. "Well as her mother I say she can use the gun." Sarah replied getting annoyed. Dad laughed "you are not her mother that's what you got her to call you Sarah. I'm her biological father and I say no!" Dad half yelled. How could he say that family doesn't start with blood nor does it end there. Sarah can never replace my real mum but that doesn't mean I can't think of Sarah as a mum. I mean she is now legally my mother. "Okay I wouldn't and we won't get into trouble." I told him. "Mm, how I hope and pray that to be true." Dad said leaving the room. Then Sarah passed me the gun again without anyone seeing. "Thanks." I mouthed.