Night of the Hawk

We had arrived to 1958 because we wanted to kill savage before he knew us so we could keep the element of surprise we got the information on where to find Savage from the Acoron. "I'm not the only one whose vision is blurry in their left eye, am I?" Stein asked suffering from a side affect. "Oh. Seeing three of everything? That's normal, right?" Jax asked also suffering from a side affect. "Yes, as I mentioned before, the effect of time travel on the human body increases with the length of each jaunt." Dad explained. "So where are we?" Kendra asked trying to fix her stiff neck. "Harmony Falls, Oregon. According to Captain Baxter's intel, Savage makes an appearance in this quaint little hamlet." Dad replied. "What the hell is Savage doing in Pleasantville?" Jax asked "Murder, apparently." I replied looking at the newspaper articles that were on the monitor. "Several denizens of Harmony Falls have been brutally slain, and others have gone missing." Dad explained. "Huh. Kind of like Rory." Jax added coldly towards Snart. "Reports are vague, but it seems like the killer is an expert with knives." Dad finished. "That sounds like Savage's MO." I stated. "Yeah, but serial killing isn't. Sounds pretty small-time for a guy who's had coffee with Hitler." Ray pointed out. "Yeah, well, clearly we have to assume that Savage has a larger, more nefarious plan. But since we've jumped back in time, Savage isn't expecting us here." Dad replied. "Savage is pretty good at hiding, even in a small town, so how do you plan to find him?" Kendra asked. "By investigating these murders. Now, there has to be a common link between the victims, starting with the first. A piano teacher was found slain in her home, which is now on the market." Dad answered. Kendra and Ray were going to pretend to be a newly married couple moving into the house. "Dr. Matt Miller was found murdered on the grounds of the asylum where he worked. The sanitarium is in need of a replacement." Dad told us knowing Stein would be pretending to be the doctor. "Meanwhile, Jefferson and Valentina are the perfect age to discern the facts behind the disappearance of three teenagers who went missing a week before these murders began." Dad said putting me into the mission finally am I right. "So Raymond and Kendra are shacking up, Sara's Nurse Ratched, and Jax and Valentina are the new kids in town. Where does that leave me?" Snart asked. Dad and Snart were going to be secret agents investigating the murders.

"Schwinn Hornets. I had the very same one when I was their age. Seeing white picket fences and perfect family houses, it's enough to make one nostalgic." Stein said taking on the 50s. "Or nauseated." Sarah replied making me laugh. "Oh, come on, Ms. Lance. Even someone as jaded as yourself can't deny how idyllic this time was." Stein replied loving the 50s. "Yeah. If you're white." Jax said as we saw two white boys giving dirty looks towards Jax. "And a man. And straight. And..." Sarah continued but was cut off by Stein. "Okay, okay. I get the point." Stein said giving in. "Dude, even if this town wasn't full of small-minded idiots, it'd still be creepy as hell. I used to watch all these old horror movies with my mom, and they all started off in places like this. See, first it's all perfect, and then, boom, some alien monster beast thing starts killing kids on Lovers' Lane." Jax said making this all over dramatic. "Ooh." I mocked. "I'm telling you, guys." Jax said believing in the horror story. Jax was steering at a girl. "What is it?" Stein asked. "An unhappy cheerleader. Now, that is scary." Sarah said making me laugh I love these guys they make me laugh. "That girl was from the newspaper articles Rip showed us. She knows the guys that went missing." Jax explained. "Perhaps she can illuminate us as to their whereabouts." Stein said making what Jax really needed to do sound more complicated. "Dude, can you not just say, "Hey, Jax, why don't you go talk to her and find out what she knows?" Like a normal person." Jax asked annoyed "Hey, Jax, why don't you just go do that?" Stein mocked. "All right. We mustn't dawdle. I believe our lunch hour is nearly at an end. Come along, Nurse." Stein said having to much fun with the fact that Sarah had to be a nurse. "Just so you know, Ra's al Ghul taught me how to kill someone slowly, over the course of days." Sarah threatened. I stayed in my seat but listened in on Jax's conversation with the girl. "Hey, you mind if I sit?" He asked. The first beside them all gasped "You can't sit with him." They mumbled. "What is up with them?" Jax asked pretending to be oblivious to the fact that they were being racist. "Um... I-I don't think they've seen anyone.. the girl started but Jax cut her off saying "Dip their fries in their milk shake before?" He dipped his chips into the milkshake. "Oh. Mm-mm, don't knock it till you tried it, girl." Jax said urging her to try chips and a milkshake together. "No. Okay. Okay, that's really good." She said giving in and doing it. "Right?" Jax said knowing it was good. "Yeah." She replied. "I'm Jax." Jax said giving her a hand shake. "Betty." She said telling him her name. "Just because your boyfriend went AWOL doesn't mean you have to slum it with this loser." Said a white boy who came with his friend standing behind Jax and the girl Betty "Why don't you do yourself a favor, Biff? Keep walking before you really, really embarrass yourself." Jax threatened. The boy slurped his drink and slammed it down next to Jax he was looking for trouble so I got up and walked over there. "Is there something wrong boys?" I asked. "What's it to you?" They asked trying to be cool and intimate me. "How about you leave my brother alone before I beat up your ass." I told them I know that Jax isn't my brother but it slipped out because if someone was picking on Jonas I would beat them up it's just a force of habit I guess. They laughed. "What? You want to take a swing at us?" Jax asked threading them and getting into there face. The owner shook his head no meaning leave them alone I don't want trouble in my restaurant. "Hey. Let's go. This isn't over." The boys said leaving. Me and Jax scoffed "I am so sorry about that. Uh, where were we?" Jax apologised. I walked back to my seat. "No, that was amazing." Betty said chuckling. "Do you want to hang out tomorrow night?" She asked Jax "Yeah." Jax replied "Yeah?" She asked making sure. "It's a date." Jax replied. "Okay." She replied back. "So that's your sister over there?" She asked about me. Jax looked over at me and I shrugged and he chuckled and said "yeah yeah she is." I could tell she was confused because I'm white and Jax is brown but ever heard of   interracial marriage before. Well it's not very common in the 50s but oh well.