Last Refuge

We were in central city 1990 saving Mick from the Pilgrim. "This isn't my element." Snart complained because Mick's house was in flames. We were pretending to be firefighters. "It's mine." Mick replied getting a hose. "Just keep a weather eye open for the Pilgrim. Gideon calculates a 97% chance that she will attack your younger self in this exact time and place." Dad told him. "Roll it." Mick said getting dad to help him with the hose. "Young Rory's not in there." Sarah said over the com coming out of the house. "But we found his parents. They're dead." Jax reported. "Then where the hell is he?"

We found Mick before the pilgrim could kill him. "That's younger you?" Me and Jax asked in unison. "What'd you tell him?" Mick asked me and Jax. "That we work for a secret agency called A.R.G.U.S. I think he bought it." I replied. "Course he did. He's an idiot." Mick insulted himself. "Hey, no offense, but do you really think it's a good idea to leave him unsupervised?" Jax asked. "You're right. Have fun." Mick replied telling us to look after him.

Sarah and Mick got back from saving Sarah's younger self. "I put her in the cargo bay with mini you, told them both to stay put. The less they know what's going on, the better." Sarah reported coming onto the brig. "You sure you want to leave daddy's little girl with that punk?" Mick asked insulting himself again. "Even before the League of Assassins, I knew how to handle guys like you." Sarah replied. "Has Gideon figured out the Pilgrim's next target yet?" Jax asked. "That's peculiar." Dad said confused. "Peculiar or bad?" I asked. "Gideon, run another scan for the whereabouts of the Pilgrim." Dad commanded. "I'm sorry, sir. The timeline shows no temporal distortions. I seem to be unable to track the Pilgrim." Gideon reported "That doesn't sound good." Ray said. "No, it's quite the opposite. Without a way to track the whereabouts of the Pilgrim, she could target any one of you at any point in time." Dad reported. "Gideon was tracking the Pilgrim's temporal wake. I didn't think it was possible to conceal one's movements through time." Stein said. "Well, it is if the Time Masters are on your side." Dad replied. "How does this all work? If she can travel to any place at any time, she could be killing any of us right now." Ray stated. "And if we die in the past..." Stein started. "We die in the present." I finished quietly. "Could I be dead right now and not know it? Maybe I am dead right now. Hello? Can anybody hear me?" Ray asked stupidly. "No." Snart replied making me chuckle. "Look, the important thing is not to panic." Dad told us. "Somebody's playing Russian roulette with our younger selves. Why would we panic?" Jax asked sarcastically. "Well, there are a few exceptions. Kendra's ability to reincarnate means that it would do the Pilgrim no good to target her. And as a former Time Master, to remove me from history would be quite dangerous to the timeline." Dad told us. "Well, that's convenient." Snart replied. "And what's that supposed to mean?" Dad asked. "Nothing. It just occurs to me you've never told us about your past, Rip. And I don't trust a man with secrets." Snart replied. "Look, the less information you have to offer on me, the less valuable you are to our now numerous enemies." Dad told them. "Like I said, convenient." Snart relied. "Are they fighting?" I asked looking at the screen where younger Sarah and Mick are. "This is not a fight. It's merely an exchange of ideas." Dad half yelled thinking I was talking about him and Snart. "No, not you. Them." I replied. Then younger Sarah slapped younger Mick. "Ah ha!" Mick laughed amused.

"What's happening to him?" Kendra asked as Ray was in a lot of pain. We put him in a med-bay bed/ chair. "He is suffering from severe internal injuries." Gideon reported. Ray was rolling around in pain. Kendra lifted up his shirt and we saw some red marks and bruises on his torso. "Who's doing this?" Kendra asked worried. "A deep scan of Mr. Palmer's timeline reveals a temporal anomaly on December 19, 2014, in the vicinity of Palmer Technologies." Gideon reported. "The Pilgrim. Gideon, get us to that location now!" Dad shouted.

They managed to save Ray I was in the brig waiting for Dad, Stein and Jax to enter. "What the Pilgrim did, the way she turned our attacks back on us, it was as if she was reversing time." Stein said as the three entered the brig. "It's called temporal micro-manipulation. The ability to control time in one's immediate vicinity. We are lucky to have saved Dr. Palmer." Dad told them. "So basically we have no idea who she's going after next." Sarah tuned in. "We know it's not Rip, because he doesn't have a past to go back to." Snart added. "Gideon, prepare for multiple time jumps. Plot points here, here, here and here." Dad commanded. All 4 dates showed my birthday, Jax's birthday, Stein's birthday and Snart's birthday. "My birthday?" I questioned. "Why are we..." Jax started. "The only way to ensure you're not harmed in your past..." dad said. "Is to abduct ourselves as newborns, thus removing ourselves from our future timelines.
It's brilliant." Stein commented. "It's morally questionable." Snart replied. "It's suicidal. If we take too long in getting them home..." Mick started. "Then history is altered. There won't be a home to go back to. You'll disappear from the minds of everyone who's ever known you." Dad told us. "You mean, my own mom won't even know me?" Jax questioned. "My wife." Stein added. "Yeah, and my... oh, yeah. I don't have anyone." Mick said. "Sure as hell beats dying." Snart mumbled loud enough for us to hear.