Marooned

Rip's POV

I have been going over everything and anything that can get us to know where savage is but nothing far enough back that we can't have the element of surprise on our team. I was watching a message that Maranda sent me. "Go ahead, guys, He's listening." I heard my wife Miranda say out of the holograms view. "Hi, Daddy. We miss you." Jonas said in his voice that I love and Valentina was next to him hugging him side on. "And love you." Maranda said out of view. "And love you." They said through the message. "Anything else you want to say?" Maranda asked our children "Come home soon, Daddy." Jonas said. "Daddy, please come home soon we miss you" Val said, obviously trying to hold back tears. Jonas grabbed at Val's hand and they ran off laughing. They really were close. Maranda came into view of the hologram. "Hi, Rip. Not sure if you got our last message. I told Jonas and Valentina that you got caught up with work, but It's effecting them, especially Val, she's starting to think you'll never come back you missed her 13th birthday hon. And I really thought you'd be home by now. London is... Things have changed. It's hard to tell what's going on with so many soldiers and rumors. I just want to know you're all right. Wherever you are, whenever you are, I love you, Rip." She said and then the hologram replied. "Go ahead, guys. He's listening." Maranda's voice repeated, "Hi, Daddy. We miss you." Jonas repeated "And love you." Maranda's voice repeated, "And love you." Jonas and Valentina said. "I'm sorry to interrupt, Captain." Stein said entering. I quickly turned off the message. "No, uh, not at all. Just, uh, catching up on work." I said, looking through papers. "What is all this?" Stein asked. "Just trying to connect the dots, find the optimal time to strike at Savage." I replied "And?" He asked. "And the trail's gone cold. In order to preserve the element of surprise, I wager the best course of action is to travel further back in time, but nothing here indicates where to find him." I said scrunching up a piece of paper and throwing it to the side. "Well, perhaps I can help you look." Stein offered, "I've been looking!" I yelled. Realizing that I yelled for no reason I apologized "I apologize. It's just the stakes are so high. I vowed to save my family, but I'm failing them. Perhaps I'm not the Time Master they need." "You must be. You're the only one they have. Can't Gideon help us?" Stein asked. "No. When a township returns to the Vanishing Point after a mission, its CPU is updated from the temporal database, which, given my rogue status, we are unable to do." I told him. "So, what you're saying is Gideon requires a software update. Which explains why you've been holed up in here for the past week." Stein said. "Has it really been a week?" I asked it seemed a lot shorter than that. "Mm-hmm. And some of our teammates are getting just a tad antsy." Stein reported.

Valentina's POV

Me and Sarah were training earlier and I'm still grounded, but my dad didn't notice me and Sarah sneaking off the ship and training. Sarah was playing a card game with smart and I decided not to play because I think Mick is having a mental breakdown. I don't know what to do, I've been practically stuck in my bedroom for a week. I'm either not talking to my dad or training with Sarah or yelling at my dad or crying in my room. I never thought that any torture or anything in this world would make me feel as depressed as I am right now. None of this would have ever happened if Savage didn't kill two of the most important people in my life. I wouldn't feel this way if I was never captured. None of this would happen if I wasn't weak. I was so strong I helped people back in 2166 but I couldn't help my family. I can't take the silence it just lets the voice in my head torment me. I did the only thing that gives me some peace I sang a song that just came to me.

I don't own 'this song but I love Anna Clendening and Valentina has Anna's singing voice

The scariest place that I have ever been
Is in my own head around 2 am
The room it will spin and I'll feel sick
My chest it will heave and I cannot breathe
Panicing, frantically, so depressed, manically
Pop a few pills to maybe do the trick