Chapter 7

No one's POV

Back on the Enterprise...

"Keptin deflector shields dropping!" Chekov yells, his accent getting thicker in fear.

"Lieutenant Tarrel can we get anymore power?" Kirk yells over the noise of phaser fire. They had been attempting to break into the planet for almost a week. Kirk had even sent down a few red shirts but they were missing, presumed dead.

"Anymore and we won't be able to keep orbit!" Scotty's second in command says grabbing onto her post as the ship is hit again.

"Defleector shields down!" Chekov cries as another hit slams everyone around.

Kirk flips a switch. "Bones! er- Nurse Chapel! Report!"

Chapel's voice lists off a string of casualties and wounded.

Kirk makes a split second decision.

"Sulu! take us out of orbit!"

"But sir-" Sulu starts, but is cut off by Kirk.

"Just go!"

"Aye, sir."

Corin's POV

As we sleep a giant boom rattles the cave, bringing down small debris on top of us. I curse and jump to my feet with the other three as some scrapes my arm. I run to the mouth of the cave and find the force field that has kept us stranded here is gone. I look back and am about to tell everyone to run and see the impossible happen. As Scotty looks over to me the giant light that sometimes lights our cave rattles and falls. I dive and shove Scotty out of the way, bringing the full force of the blow onto my legs. There are two sickening cracks and I let out an ear splitting scream from the pain. Instantly all three men are beside me, all of them talking at once. The room swirls and I scream "SHUT UP!!" They all look at me and I put my hands over my ears and say feebly "Ow." The last thing I see as I drift out of consciousness is Scotty and Spock desperately trying to pull off the rubble and Bones tending to my wounded arm.

Another cliffy! Sorry it needed to be done. Actually I'm not. Muahahahahahaha! But I really do love those of you that actually read this. Thank you. Oh and I forgot to do this at the beginning: I do not own Star Trek or anything associated with it. I only own Corin and the Jags. Live long and prosper my peeps.