Chapter 7

Emma's Pov

~Emma's Nightmare~

The Queen stood above me with a devious smile on her face. She laughed as she brought her hand to my heart and ripped it out. The worst pain shot through my whole body and I screamed in pain. My last moments flashed before my eyes and my eyelids begin to get heavier and heavier. I was gone.

I woke up trying not to cry but she said something and I screamed. " Emma Shhhh baby I got you It was just a dream " I felt myself relaxing a little more and lay back down. " You know what beastie sleeping on this chair every night is not going to be good for my back so we shall take this to my bed chamber shall we?" The Queen picked me up and we moved to a new room. " Now beastie listen to me very carefully ok? So you my love are not to leave this castle EVER! Do I make myself clear? " I stared up at her. " Of course, you dont understand but all will be clear one day."  So throughout the day the Queen did all the basics like feeding me and changing me between her running out and doing errands. Later on, she burst in the door clearly mad and walked over to her mirror screaming at it. I lay down on the queens very large bed cuddling into an animal fur blanket for warmth. She did not scare me because I knew that she would never hurt me. She walked over to me and lay down beside me sighing heavily. "It's hard being the queen you know beastie but I wouldn't have it any other way" my mouth let out a small noise and the queens eyes went wide, she rolled over and looked at me very excitedly. " My baby did you just... did you try speak?" I giggled and clapped my little hands and did it again.

             ----------Time lapse----------
(Emma's 6th birthday)

I woke up to black balloons surrounding my room. I smiled as today was my 6th birthday. I didn't know my parents but I didn't need to when all I needed was Regina. I jump out of my  bed and run down to the queens room. You know I understand she's not my mum and that I'm expected to care for myself but she's the closest thing I got to my mum so I will always expect her to help in some way. I stormed into her room and she was still asleep, "Wake up wake up Regina!" her eyes flew open and she smiled at me wide "Well good morning my little birthday beastie up bright and early are we?"
"Oh I couldn't wait" I say climbing onto her bed. She chuckled and pulled me onto her lap where I lay my head. Even after all these years, Regina's arms still felt like the safest place on earth. Her soft hands stroked my cheek whilst I lay there. " Wouldn't you like to open your gifts?"
"Is it ok if I stay here just a while longer? I'm quite comfortable"
"Oh are you dear? Well I'm afraid not as I need too pee"
"Okay" I got up and sat at the edge of the bed waiting for the Queen to return. " So does my beastie want to open her presents? "
"Race you"
" Don't you dare run down the corridors or I'll have your head" I ignored her and ran down the corridors to the dining room where my presents were always kept along with the biggest ever birthday breakfast known to man!