Scholarships

Becca's P.O.V.

I saw the scouts and looked at Adam. I could tell he was nervous but I knew he'd be okay.

"Becca, Adam, Charlie, Goldberg. Fulton and Dean; on the ice!" Coach said.

We all skated to the ice and prepared to mash up. The jv players looked tiny compared to us but I knew they'd be fast.

As soon as the puck dropped I pushed one of the guys down and got the puck. I skated and passed it to Charlie. Charlie checked a player and got sent to the penalty box. I was surprised. The jv team got the puck.

"Goldberg block the net!" Coach yelled.

Goldberg did as was told and blocked the net. We all cheered as I got the puck. I skated all the way across the ice and passed it to Adam who hit it in the net and scored! The crowd started cheering and Adam's face lit up as he pulled me into a hug.

The score was 1-0 with 2 minutes to go in the third quarter. Julie was now the goalie and everyone from the jv team has tried at least once to hit in the goal but Julie gets them every time. Goldberg is now on defense and is taking out the trash. Fulton and Dean have been checking people left and right. I was in the center next to Charlie and Adam. We stole the puck from them. I passed it to Charlie.

"Flying V!" Charlie yelled. We all got behind the net. It was me, Charlie, Adam, Russ, and Kenny, and Dwayne. We all passed it to one another until it landed on Adam who passed it to me. I wasted no time and shot it in the net.

We scored!!! We won the game! The whole team skated on the ice and tackled me to the ice. They lifted Adam and I and chanted our names.

"Becca Conway? Adam Banks? I am
Dean Hughes from the University of Chicago and it would be an honor to have both of you playing for us next fall on a full ride." The scout said.

We both looked at each other shocked.

"Yes sir it would be an honor." Adam said as he shook his hand.

"I would love to play hockey at your school sir." I said.

"Great! See you in the fall!"

We both hugged and he pulled me into a passionate kiss.

"I knew you could do it!" I said.

"I'm so proud of you baby girl I love you." Adam said.

"I love you too!"

"Guys congrats! This is a big deal!" Guy said as the whole team surrounded us.

"Becca I'm so proud of you!" My mom said as she hugged me.

"Thanks mom!"

"Son, I am so happy that you're carrying on the tradition of playing college hockey!" Adam's dad said.

We all walked out of the stadium happy and excited for what's in store in the future.

{A/N: 2K reads!! Thank you so much for reading this story it means so much to me! I love each and every one of y'all}