Chicago

Becca's P.O.V.

This weekend the Dean from the University of Chicago invited Adam and I to tour the campus and meet the hockey team and our new coach. I was so nervous and excited at the same time. Adam was just as excited. No one else from the team as gotten any scholarships yet.

"Becca? You ready to go?" Adam yelled from downstairs.

"Yeah I am hold on babe!" I said as I got my suitcase.

"Have fun honey and don't forget to bring back some info. for me." Mom said as she pulled me into a hug.

"I will mom and bye Char take care of the ducks for us." I said to Charlie.

"Alright Sis and Adam take care of my sister this weekend." Charlie said as him and Adam did their secret handshake.

"Will do Charlie." Adam replied.

The drive down was a lot of fun with Adam. Times like this is what I needed.

When we arrived on campus I was in awe. There were college kids everywhere. I looked at Adam and I saw him smiling.

"This campus is beautiful!" I said.

"Not as beautiful as you." Adam replied. I rolled my eyes and got out of the car.

We walked into the administration building and saw the Dean.

"Hello Ms. Conway and Mr. Banks. It's great to see you two again." The dean said as he shook our hands.

"It's great to see you too!" I said with a smile.

We took a tour of the campus and it was absolutely breathtaking. The architecture was incredible and the autumn leaves were beginning to show through the trees.

We finally arrived at the stadium where Adam and I will play hockey for the next 4 years.

"This scholarship is a full ride which means that everything is paid for by the school and that you have to maintain a 3.5 GPA or else the full ride will be taken away and you'll have to start paying for your tuition." The dean said. Adam and I stared at each other wide eyed. That's crazy!

"Okay sir we can do that!" Adam said.

"That's great to hear." The dean said.

The stadium was huge. The hockey team was practicing for the season and it was an experience I've never had before. The coach approached us and took Adam and I inside the locker room and it was really nice. The coach told us that there's a special dorm for athletes that we would be staying in and it was really nice.

Tomorrow Adam and I are gonna tour around the city. I really wanna go to a Cubs game and visit the restaurant from Farris Bullar's Day Off. I love John Hughes and Chicago was where all of his movies take place.

"What do you think of the campus?" Adam asked as we walked into our hotel room.

"I love it! It's beautiful and I really like the coach! I'm excited for next year." I said.

"I'm glad you like it just as much as I do. Now let's get some sleep so we can tour the city tomorrow." He said as he kissed my forehead.

I was so excited about the future and what Chicago has in store for Adam and I.

A/N: hey y'all sorry for the late update. I'll do a part 2 of this chapter that will be eventful. I love you all so much 😘😘