|Eight| Chancellor of the Earth's Death

Alyssa woke to her fire being stomped out from beside her. "Morning, sunshine." Octavia grinned at her friend. "Jasper want's to try walking, let's go!" She grinned and Alyssa frowned as she looked around at the camp, which was busy at work with building the wall. "Bellamy told me to let you sleep, but I want you to come to. Jasper does to." She smiled and the green eyed girl grabbed her jacket she used as a pillow and yawned. It had to have been close to afternoon, and she had slept that long.

"I'll be at the exit of the new wall in ten minutes." She smiled at Octavia who nodded before turning and stalking back to the drop ship. Alyssa did her usual routine of grabbing her knife and hatchet, before stuffing them in the makeshift belt Finn had made for her to keep her weapons on. He made it out of the belts from the drop ship seats and had Clarke make him a homemade black dye so it didn't look too bright. She pulled her hair back into a ponytail before spotting Bellamy and Murphy standing off to the edge, watching everyone work. 

Alyssa made her way over, brushing her dark bangs aside as she did so. She frowned as she noticed how each one of the kids moved at a slow pace and stumbled slightly. "Well, good morning--afternoon, Kitten." Bellamy smirked at the dark haired girl who frowned.

"I'm still drained. What's going on, what have we got left?" She asked as she looked around. Murphy shrugged as he looked at each kid.

"Wells Jaha is dead. Grounders killed him." Murphy shook his head and Alyssa frowned with slightly wide eyes. "Found his body, good and buried outside the camp. If you'd like to go see him, I mean, Kitten." He smirked and she glared at him. How could he be so blunt? Sure, she hated the kid, but you can't just talk about him like he was a speck of dust.

"That's why everyone's rushing to finish." She sighed and glanced back at him. "What have we got then?" She asked as he mind wandered to the older Jaha; also dead. She shook her head and glanced at Bellamy.

"This section should be finished by tomorrow." He shrugged as he pointed around. Alyssa frowned as she looked at everyone rushing to get things finished. Alyssa turned her head when one kid fell to his knees and groaned as he dropped one end of the log he and another kid were carrying.

"Hey! You think the grounders are just gonna sit around and wait for us to finish the wall?" Murphy growled. Alyssa groaned and started walking towards them, spotting Charlotte who was trying a rope around a few logs. "Have the little girl do the heavy lifting for you, huh?" He asked and pointed to Charlotte.

"She's not little." Alyssa but in and Charlotte offered her a smile. "Just get the kid some water. 100 dehydrated kids aren't gonna get anything done." She muttered and Murphy glared at her as she made him look like the true ass he was-- more than he had been already.

"Murphy, get him some water. You got this?" Bellamy asked Charlotte and pointed to the log and Charlotte immediately dropped what she was doing before going to do what Bellamy was doing. He held his hand out and smiled. "Hey, just kidding." He said as he bent down and grabbed the log, holding it with one hand. Alyssa turned to Charlotte who was grinning. 

"How about I help you?" She asked the young blonde who nodded. Alyssa walked over beside her and began showing her how to tie a tighter knot when a kid flipped out at Murphy and went to lunge at him but Murphy's friends ran at him and pushed him back. She noticed Murphy had started to literally take a piss on the back of the kid. Alyssa scoffed and turned around, grabbing a water bottle before shoving Murphy's idiots off the kid. "You need anything, you come to me, not him." She told the kid who nodded and looked at her gratefully. 

"Get back to work!" Murphy screamed at the kids who all scrambled away. Alyssa saw Octavia and Jasper walking out of the drop ship so she turned to Charlotte and smiled.