|Seventeen| The Depot

Bellamy made his way over to Alyssa and bent down beside her. He pulled his hatchet out and nodded towards her. "Watch out." He hit the metal a few times and the handle twisted. "Help me open it." She grabbed the handle and lifted it, seeing just how heavy a door that survived a nuclear Apocalypse could be.

Bellamy helped her open the door and peered down into the darkness. "You know, I never meant that." Bellamy told her all the sudden. Alyssa didn't look at him as she jumped down into the depot, a small thud sounded as she glanced around warily. "I'm sorry."

"I know. You're forgiven. Now come on." She pulled out her hatchet as she walked down, pushing the many cobwebs aside. "Spiders are so creepy. I mean, what kind of creature has eight legs and craps silk? A demon, that's what kind." She muttered causing Bellamy to laugh quietly. Alyssa shrugged her backpack off and pulled out two flashlights. She handed one to Bellamy who looked around.

"It looks like this place hasn't been touched since the war."

"A girl can dream." Alyssa muttered before walking down the steps, shining it around the walls. As she went deeper down, her foot kicked something. She glanced down at it and saw a dark skeleton, covering in moss and dirt.

"Hell of a place to die." Bellamy muttered. Alyssa observed all the cob webs and shelves full of rotten empty crates. The hard floor had mold in some spots where water leaked from the top of the depot, and the wood was soaked in some sort of liquid.

"So much for living down here. This place is disgusting." She shook her head and grabbed a crate before peering inside, only seeing some sort of insect scurry out of the light. "Dammit."

"Anything left down here is ruined." Bellamy sighed as an odd sound came. Alyssa turned around and saw water spilling from the roof, probably from the swamp above them. She wrinkled her nose and stepped around it as Bellamy looked inside some of the barrels littering the walls.

"They must have distributed the supplies before the last bombs went off." Bellamy found glow sticks and bent them for more light. Alyssa walked over to some sort of chest like container and pushed it open. "Hey, I found blankets." She smiled and Bellamy rolled his eyes.

"Excited about a couple of blankets?" He shook his head and Alyssa grabbed the blankets before putting them inside her backpack.

"After living on the ground with nothing but a torn jacket for days on end in the rain, trust me, blankets are like heaven. And besides, it's something." She shrugged and bent down, seeing some sort of rotten material at the bottom of a box.

"Well how about a canteen or a med kit, or a decent frigging tent." Bellamy growled. Alyssa wiped her hands on her pants in disgust before making her way over to Bellamy. She grabbed a tin box and opened it, a frown growing on her face as she looked at the contents.

"What about spray paint? T-" She got cut off when Bellamy angrily kicked over a barrel filled with an odd liquid that came spilling out. A strange clatter sounded and Alyssa bent down beside it, widening her eyes. Bellamy bent down beside her, a smirk growing on his face as he grabbed a rifle. "I dibs this one." Alyssa smirked and grabbed a grease soaked gun. "Oh, and that pistol." She nodded and grabbed it. Bellamy glanced at her, a smile growing on his face.

He jumped up and grabbed a blanket out of her bag, and the can of spray pain she found. He hung the blanket up and sprayed an 'X' on it. "This changes everything. No more running, no more spears. Ready to be a badass, Lyssa?" He smirked as he ate a nut from a pack of rations. She grabbed one out of the bag and shrugged.

"Oh please, I'm already a badass. This," she smiled and held the pistol up, "this is going to make you a badass." She smiled and Bellamy chuckled.

"You know how to shoot?" He asked and she shrugged and shook her head.