|Twelve| Flares

Alyssa led them to a more shallow part of the river because it would have traveled down. Katherine, Bellamy's whore,  kept teasing her about the snake that attacked her and Octavia, and kept bringing how she tried to kill Jaha. Apparently news travels fast. She also kept splashing her, and her day had already been bad enough. 

"Ow! My ankle, damn, might've been a snake." Her red hair flopped as she lifted her ankle, kicking water at her. Alyssa stood straighter and threw her arms out dramatically.

"Do you wanna get punched?"

"Sure, Chancellor Kane." She smirked and Alyssa glared at her, her arms falling to her sides.

"One more word, and I'll kill--"

"Alyssa and Bellamy, up in a tr--" She got cut off when Alyssa through a punch at her, causing her to fall back into the water. She brought her fist back and hissed. Maybe she punched her a little too hard. "Bitch!" Katherine hissed as she held the side of her face. Alyssa rolled her eyes as Katherine stood back up. She splashed the black haired girl before literally tackling her, causing Alyssa's back to smash against a rock. Katherine began pushing her head under the minimal water causing her head to bump the sharp rocks on the bottom of the river. Alyssa kicked, hit, and thrashed underneath the red-head before bringing her leg up and kicking Katherine off of he. She bolted above water and held her chest as she coughed and spit out the water she took in.

As she went to shove herself up, her hand touched something very un-rock-like. It was oddly smooth and weirdly shaped for a rock. She lifted up the contraption and pushed herself to her feet, a grin forming on her face. "I've found it!" She ran to Raven, and Clarke flipped out at Bellamy. Again. Alyssa tuned them put and bit her lip as she looked to them, eager to figure out if it'd work. Raven looked up to Alyssa, then to where the pod landed.

"I have an idea."

~~~

Alyssa was unscrewing bolts to the rocket fuel while Raven barked several orders all around. After learning the radio would take too long to repair, they  decided to build flares to shoot into the sky for the Art to see. Raven walked up to her after talking to Clarke and nudged her arm. 

"I talked to your dad." She spoke softly and Alyssa stopped working and frowned. "He's going crazy up there. Tried to float Abby like ten times.. But it's all good.." She sighed awkwardly. Alyssa continued working, her lips pursed. "He told me to give you this." Alyssa looked over to Raven and frowned as she looked at a folded up, white piece of paper. It was slightly wrinkled, and had a few dirt stains smudged on it. "He loves you.. He'll be alright. They all will." She offered her a small smile as Alyssa took the paper, looking down at it.

Her heart ached for not only her father but for hard working people on the Ark. They didn't deserve to die, no matter how much hate she held for Jaha. No matter how much hate they held for her. There were innocent children up there, and they would surely be the first few to go. 

With a deep breath Alyssa tucked it in the back pocket of her still damp jeans and she nodded towards Raven. "Thank you. Now, let's save 'em with the flares." She smirked and Raven grinned.

~~~

Alyssa, Clarke, Raven, and the rest of the kids that helped search for the radio ran inside the camp gate. "Hurry, we don't have much time." Raven sighed. It was dark out, and they needed to rush if they wanted to save them. "Alyssa, get to the control panel, get them set. You, set up the beams, we've gotta have a place to position the flares. Clarke, help them..." Raven ordered as she ran to the flares.

 They all ran to their assigned places. Alyssa flipped switches and buttons on the control panel from the drop ship, as she had done so many times with her father. Raven and Clarke ran up to her, silently asking if they were set. A bunch of the kids had gathered around to see the flares get set off, and eagerly watched all three of the girls. Raven nodded to the dark haired girl, who slammed her fist down on the big white button, igniting the flares. Alyssa stood back, watching as the three red beams soared through the dark sky.