|Twenty-Eight| Welcome to Mount Weather

Alyssa glared through the thin glass, her green eyes blazing as a man in a pale blue hazard suit walked in front of Bass's door. She clenched her jaw, as her eyes narrowed at the man; her fingers cracked as she held both hands into tight fists. Her head whipped around causing her jet black hair to whip over her shoulder. She glanced around the room before walking back over to her bed.

She clasped her bruised hands over the cool metal of the IV stand and ripped the top pole off. She grabbed the bottom and walked back over to the window before bashing the glass out of the small opening. She cleared the glass out from around the corners of the opening before tossing the bottom of the stand aside. She slipped her arm through the window and reached down; pulling the door handle. As soon as it was open, she stepped through the doorway being cautious of the broken glass covering the floor.

She looked up as she watched the unsuspecting Mountain Man. Her eyes turned cold as she bent down, grabbing a shard of glass off the floor. She carefully cut the thin fabric of her tank top and ripped the rest off before wrapping the fabric around part of the blade. She licked her bottom lip before lunging at the man. She gripped the man by the top of his suit, ripping it off. He spun around, his eyes wide and shocked as she held the blade to his throat.

"Who are you?" She growled, her voice low.

"K-Kyle." His voice quivered as he looked at the blade.

"Oh yeah, Kyle? Where are we, huh?"

"Mount Weather. We're only helping, Alyssa."

"How do you know my name?" She asked and Kyle swallowed, staying quiet. This only angered the young women who clenched her jaw before pressing the blade against his neck. "Answer me, god dammit!"

"It was on your file!"

"Who creates these 'files'?" She asked and Kyle whimpered which made Alyssa press harder. "How do these people know my name, Kyle?"

"I don't know..." He shook his head before reaching down. Alyssa stupidly ignored this as she scoffed.

"You're not very smart Kyle. I'm like, what, 19, and somehow I know that the worst thing you''re ever gonna see in your short lifespan is going to be your blood splattering on not only my face, but the walls, your clothes.. In fact, I can promise that." She smirked slightly as blood slid down the young mans neck. "So, please. Enlighten me. Be honest."

"Security." He yelled. Alyssa's eyes slipped down to the walkie-talkie in the mans hands and she let out a growl.

"Let me tell you something, Kyle." She spoke softly, her voice much, much softer than before. "I always keep my promises." She hissed before using her free hand to knock the walkie-talkie out of his hands. She locked her green eyes with his hazel ones before dragging the blade across his neck in one quick, swift motion. She did it again, and again, until the man pushed her back weakly as his blood did just what she said. Red dotted her face and dripped down his hands as he struggled to cover the large wounds.

A metallic taste was in Alyssa's mouth as she wiped away the crimson blood from her lips. She looked up, meeting Bass's wide, terrified eyes through the window. Her eyes softened as Kyle stumbled to the ground gasping hopelessly before falling still. Bass swallowed as a loud thudding sounded behind Alyssa. She wiped her head around and saw three guards holding rifles. Alyssa widened her eyes and looked back to Bass, who also noticed.

"Run." His voice was barely audible, but Alyssa needed nothing more as the glass dropped onto the ground. She spun around and bolted down the long hall, passing door after door filled with the people she once had protected. 

Her heart thudded along with her bare feet hitting the cool floor. The guards yelling and footsteps were slowly falling behind her as she took a sharp right and ran right into another man in a hazard suit-- a women actually.