|Thirty-Two| Crossing the Line

Alyssa and Octavia were taking wide strides to find their friends who were planning the great escape. Somehow, Alyssa had accidentally fallen out of line with Bellamy and in with her other Blake friend. The two talked, joking about everything they both endured before they had found each other. "Did you find Alyssa and Octavia?" Bellamy asked Clarke, who shook her head.

"No, we found you." Octavia shrugged, the ghost of a smile playing on her lips. Alyssa shifted her weight on her opposite leg as she came to a halt beside Bellamy, glancing up at him. Seriousness fell over Octavia as she faced them. "Look, I'm not letting you guys leave here without me. Finn and Murphy are headed to Lincoln's village. I've been there." She shrugged, glancing over each on of them before her eyes landed on Bellamy. "Have you? Has she?" She asked, giving Clarke a look. Bellamy smirked.

"You done?" He asked as Alyssa bent down and scooped up the backpack she had packed for her friend before handing it to her.

"What's this?" She asked, cocking a thin brow.

"Your pack." Bellamy suppressed a grin and Alyssa chuckled as Octavia lightly shoved her jokingly.

"You could've told me before I made a fool of myself." She muttered and the black haired girl laughed, brushing back the loose braid that fell on her shoulder.

"Lead the way." Bellamy chuckled softly at his sister who smiled and took a step toward the fence.

"Whoa, whoa whoa, there, Pocahontas." Raven held out her crutch and tapped the fence. Sparks flew out and Octavia took a step backward.

"I thought you had it handled?" Clarke frowned and Raven nodded as she held a radio up. Alyssa glanced at Clarke who shrugged.

"I do. Shut her down, Wick." She waited, and the sound of static starting and stopping became audible on the other end. She nodded before poking the fence and smirking softly. First Octavia climbed through, then Clarke, then Bellamy, then Alyssa. She locked eyes with Bellamy, raised a brow as he held the wires apart for her.

"Appreciated, Blake." He rolled his eyes softly as she swung her pack over her shoulder. He gave her a brief nod and they walked t=side by side behind Clarke.

"I figured, Kane."

~~~

Alyssa was curled up at Bellamy's feet as he sat in front of the fire on the first watch. Dusk had fallen, enveloping the four in a blanket of pitch black darkness. Bellamy glanced at his sleeping sister, then Clarke, then Alyssa, who seemed to notice his gaze even in her sleep. She stirred, rolling onto her back as she flickered her eyes open, gazing up at Bellamy. A soft smile formed on her lips as she took in his appearance like he'd be zapped away into a black hole. "Hi."

He almost laughed at her sleepy daze. It was rare nowadays to see her smile, but lately, that's all she'd been doing. Kind of strange considering they just fought in a war, but Bellamy was determined to enjoy every last minute of her happiness with her. "Hey." He softly whispered as to not wake the others. She pushed herself up and climbed beside him on the fallen tree he sat on. "How was he? Finn?" She asked and Bellamy pursed his lips.

"Not good. The war, it changed him and not for the better. Losing you, Clarke, and the others..." He trailed off, staring into the fire. "He shot the Grounder that drew us the map. Pulled the trigger and walked away. I saw what he was capable of... Yet I let him and Murphy take two automatic rifles to blow through a Grounder village." He shook his head and she sighed softly. "When we got back to the drop ship and nobody was there... we figured it had been the Grounders."

"If I hadn't been there I'd think the same." She assured and Bellamy nodded briefly.

"So how long until our people go from chocolate cake to being hung upside down for their blood?" He asked and she huffed and shook her head with a frown. She didn't need to respond. Bellamy knew the answer. "So we'll get Finn then save our people at Mount Weather." He nodded slowly.