Chapter 4

Once everyone had made it back to Ally's house for food and sundaes. They relaxed and enjoyed the endless supply of toppings ally had to offer.

Lauren and the boys sat across from Camila and Austin at the table. Austin was making an effort to get to know the boys but they just shut him down. Not really interested in what he had to say. Lauren knew Camila was mad at her for not helping out but it was just so funny to watch.

"So Austin, what is it that you do?" Lauren asked trying to make an effort only because she didn't enjoy seeing Camila so stressed out.

"I work for a company that sells properties all around the State." He answered a little snotty.

"So a real estate agent?" Lauren mocked.

"That's sounds so so so so boooring." Caspian chimed in while he giggled.

"My mama, kicks people's butts and she has a huge tank, and she carries a big gun. She's like a superhero." Cameron said proudly.

"Yeah, mama could probably kick your butt." Caspian added and both boys laughed with one another. It's like they don't even care that he's sitting across from them.

"So...do you guys have any available buildings around this area? I'm looking at maybe buying one." Lauren tried diverting the conversation to not embarrass him so much.

"Yeah, Im sure I can find a couple around here. Is there anything in specific your looking for?" He asked interested in the potential business.

"Why do you wanna buy an empty building?" Camila asked curiously, this was the first She was hearing about this.

"Not really, I would prefer if it was gutted and empty. I would also like it to be pretty spacious." She answered Austin who began typing on his phone.

"I decided on what I want to do when I get back for good. I wanna open my own bar. Being a detective isn't really an option anymore, I talked to my dad and I would spend more months away in the academy and after that the hours are very unstable. I'm tired of missing things in their lives, I wanna be available to them whenever for whatever reason. With a bar I hardly have to work and can be with them constantly, it's a pretty great investment, money won't be an issue. Plus I've always wanted my own bar so why not right?" She explained to Camila and asked for her opinion.

"Yeah, I mean it's your money. And I know the boys would love to have you around day in and day out. I think it's a good idea." She said supporting her. Lauren was a good mom but she didn't give herself enough credit, she guilts herself for being away and missing out.

"We have three properties with the things your looking for, if you want I can set up a date so that I can show them to you?" He offered, Lauren was good for it and he knew that. This would be a good commission check for him.

"Sound good. Mind doing it as soon as possible? I don't have much time left before I go back and I would love to lock a place down and start remodeling before I head back over there." She wanted the bar to be ready to open once she got back. So it was crunch time to find a place, a contractor, designer and someone to oversee the work being done since Lauren wouldn't be able to. She knew exactly how she wanted the bar to look down to the smallest detail she just needed people to make sure it got done.

"I took an early day today, to watch the game but I'm sure my boss wouldn't mind if I took on one last client for the day, let me make some calls and see if I can get the keys to the buildings so we can go check them out right now." Austin said eagerly, no way was he gonna lose this sale. Lauren just nodded and continued eating her ice cream while Austin left to make those calls.