Chapter 39

August.

"Are you really okay with taking Cam to his doctors appointment?" Camila asked Lauren as she got dressed.

"Yes. I've never gone by myself and I'm kinda looking forward to it." Lauren assured her, she also was doing it to avoid having to attend the mandatory soccer teams meeting. The sport was boring enough, imagine having to sit in a room listening to grown ass adults argue about it.

"You don't like it when we go together?" Camila fake pouted.

"Of course I do!" She walked over and kissed Camila's pout away. "But I haven't spent some one on one time with Cam in a while and I think it'll be good for us." Ever since the whole Melanie thing he's been in a pretty sour mood.

"Your probably right." Camila agreed. "Hopefully we can get him out of this slump." She sighed, her six year old was heartbroken.

"I'll try" she promised. "Are you ready to throw down with all the other soccer moms?" Lauren teased her.

"Of course, I'm making sure I wear all my pointy rings." Camila holds out her hands which have a ring on each finger. "I'm not afraid to cut a bitch."

Lauren laughs and shakes her head. "I love you, you crazy soccer mom." She kisses Camila. "I'll see you later."

"Love you too, hope everything goes well." She said before her wife left.

The first thing Camila did after Lauren and Cam left was check on the other two most important people in her life. Cas was still asleep, snoring his cute little face off. Kelsea was also still asleep but Camila couldn't help but aww at her. Lauren got up earlier this morning when she woke up crying, and she apparently decided she'd be more comfortable in Dagon onesies.

She looked absolutely adorable so she snapped a few pictures and quietly left the room

She looked absolutely adorable so she snapped a few pictures and quietly left the room. She walked into her office, as of late she's been actually using it. In the past she'd pretend to be writing but would actually binge watch shows on Netflix while Lauren watched the kids. Now she was really working in it. Since the soccer moms meeting wasn't for another hour she decided to get some work done.

After their talk about opening up a publishing firm they agreed to take some time to think everything through and see if they'd actually like to continue with the plan. They did, but Camila got Lauren to agree to take things slow. They wouldn't be buying a building or filling it with employees just yet. She'd work from home up until she built a client base and created a name for herself. She'd publish the small writers that big publishing companies wouldn't. None of it was cheap, she'd need quite the funds to actually publish a book, to make a blank amount of copies, and to promote it but with the money they wouldn't be spending on a building and workers it gave her a bigger budget to work with. She just hoped it all turned out in her favor, because this was a big risk she was taking. She'd be investing their money and trusting that the general public would love and buy her writers story, she was hoping she'd make back her money and more.