Chapter 42

May.

      Eight months after the whole Shawn and Stacy debacle things were back to normal. It was still awkward having to see Stacy and Austin around town together but normal none the less. Lauren stayed in touch with Shawn the first few months after he left but things got busy for both of them and now they send update text to each other whenever they have time. Lauren was fully focused on the bar and all the renovations because they were turning it into a restaurant. Camila was working with a young writer and if she could get her book on the best sellers list, it would help her company tremendously. The twins were turning 7 which is what's been  consuming everyone's time. Along with a very active 1 year old baby girl walking her way into trouble.

The boys were over having birthday parties and so were Camila and Lauren. They went all out for Kelsea's first birthday a few months ago and that was enough party throwing for them. They agreed to taking the boys to a Logic concert in LA, Camila wasn't completely on board but they eventually wore her down and got the okay. Along with the concert, they were spending  a few days in Venice and Malibu. The hotel they were staying at for the week was in Malibu.

The first night in California they went to try the infamous in and out burgers. The second night was a beach day, they walked Venice boardwalk and spend most of the day on the beach. The third day was the day of the concert.

Lauren and the boys had pretty good seats, the boys wanted to floor seats but she knew how crazy it could get down there and knew they wouldn't be able to handle the pushing and crowding of sweaty, weed reeking kids. Camila opted out on going and instead hung out in the hotel with baby Kelsea. The concert was great and they had fun. So much so that  Cameron fell asleep about halfway through the show. They ended up leaving with 3 of everything from the merch table.

The fourth day was the actual birthday of the twins and they spent the day at universal studios. At the end of the day they went back to their hotel and watched the sunset from the beach.

"Is this what you imagined our life would look like a few years ago?" Camila asked, looking over at Lauren

"Is this what you imagined our life would look like a few years ago?" Camila asked, looking over at Lauren. They stood back and watched the boys and Kelsea stand on the rock. They were being good big brothers and holding her hands to keep her balanced.

"Yes, I was going through stuff but once I got my mind right. I knew you and I were meant to be together  and that we were going to have a beautiful life together. I was willing to do everything in my power to make sure it happened. When I got it in my head, I had a mission to complete but I couldn't do it alone so I recruited some help and it payed off because here we are now." Lauren laughed, thinking back to the crazy plan she hatched with the boys. "We've lived through some bad times but all the good times make up for it."

"I'm glad your so stubborn then." She smiled. "We have  been through some difficult times but I wouldn't change a thing because it's what brought us here, and it's all a part our story."

"Things are only going to get better from here." Lauren promised. She held Camila's hand. "Let's go get our chickens." They walked over to where their three wonderful kids stood, cuddling up to them.

"Happy birthday chickens." Lauren said, ruffling their hair.

The End.

—////////////////////////////////////-

It's over.

I wasn't sure how to end it but I knew I wanted to keep it simple. I truly appreciate everyone who took the time to read, comment and vote on this story. This was the first story I wrote on this app and it was also the first one I made up as I went. It was an interesting experience and sometimes a cringy  one. But nonetheless I enjoyed it.

Moving forward. I've had a lot of people ask if I plan on continuing publishing stories on here, my answer is yes.

I have a story I've been working on but I'm having a hard time deciding wether or not to make it public. It involves difficult topics, and it can be triggering to some people. I know some  wattpad stories can be way out there but I like to take my readers into consideration. So Let me know in the comments if you want me to post it.