Chapter 41

September.

Everything can seem perfect until it's not.

It was the day of Shawn and Stacy's wedding and Lauren was buttoning up the last button on her shirt while checking herself out in the mirror.

"What do you think?" She asks, looking over at Camila, who was putting the finishing touches on her makeup.

"You look great." Camila said giving Lauren a once over.

"I know that's what I was afraid off." She sighs loudly, fixing her suspenders.

"What?" Camila was confused now.

"Camz I can't outshine the bride and groom." Camila laughed, but Lauren was dead serious.

"Your just so thoughtful aren't you?"She said sarcastically, and rolled her eyes at her.

"What can I say." Lauren shrugged.

The room door opened and Caspian barged in.

"I can't be in the wedding." Caspian announced to the room.

"Why not?" Lauren asked.

"I look too adorable." He sighed loudly.

"No paternity test necessary, he's definitely your kid." Camila said to Lauren shaking her head while holding in a laugh.

Aside from having Lauren's personality, Caspian was also dressed like her, she was Shawn's best woman and Caspian was one of the groomsmen. Cameron was the ring bearer and was in a more casual outfit.

It took them a while to convince Caspian that looking too adorable was all part of being in the wedding party

After finishing getting dressed Lauren and Camila went to fulfill their duties as best woman and maid of honor. Stacy was calm as a cucumber, while Shawn was having a mental breakdown. He wasn't even standing in the alter yet and was already sweating bullets. Lauren gave him a shot of whiskey to try and calm the nerves he was feelings.

"You just have to breathe, everything is gonna be okay." She said hiving him a tap on the back.

"I know, I know." He took a deep breathe."Something just doesn't feel right." He admitted, while Lauren poured him another shot.

"You love Stacy and Stacy loves you right?" She asked him and he nodded along as he tipped back the shot. "Then everything will be fine, the wedding planner has everything under control. All you gotta do is show up and say I do."