Chapter 18

After waiting what she considered a good amount of time letting her wife cool down, Lauren decided to finally go inside. She was enjoying the sunset and having a cold beer when Gina showed up and being the polite person her parents raised her to be she had a conversation with the girl. Gina seemed to be hitting the blonde stereotype right on the dot. Lauren thought she'd just had the most meaningless conversation in her life, she'd rather be getting a scolding from Camila but Gina wouldn't shut up. Eventually she steered the conversation to an end and went inside the house. She could hear the boys laughs from down the hall which meant that they were in the game room but so far there was no sign of her wife. She walked up and down the house looking for her, now that she thought about it The house was pretty large for just the four of them well almost five oh right maybe six. It was filling up faster than she expected. Unlike Dinah, Lauren didn't have such big plans for a large family. If she was being completely honest this new baby for her was also the last, she and Camila had never really talked about how many kids they wanted but she just assumed three was a good number. Having more kids than she expected kind of freaked her out. It wasn't that she didn't like Spencer, in fact she had nothing against him. She is just completely terrified that Caspian and Cameron will resent her, which is why she's been dreading telling them about the new baby.

Eventually she reached her and Camila's bedroom, her wife was curled up with her grey pregnancy pillow. Lauren thought she looked completely adorable but she also grew a little concerned since Camila rarely took naps around this time.

"Camz, are you feeling okay?" She asked softly, taking a seat next to her.

"Yes." Camila simply answered, head still buried in her pillow.

"Are you tired?"

"Nope." She answered bluntly.

"Okay." Lauren said slightly confused but then remembered they hadn't talked all day and which meant they had still yet to discuss the whole Spencer situation. "Can we talk?" She asked, she didn't want to continue fighting with her and after thinking about the situation all day she'd come to a decision.

"I'm listening." She answered but still made no sudden movements.

"Alright, look I'm sorry for acting like an asshole yesterday. Ive thought about it and I'm okay with Spencer staying with us for now, we can foster him and just see where things go. Is that okay?" She said, this was a compromise she could live with. Camila didn't respond which worried her a bit. "Look if we foster him we can see how things go, if he likes it here, if the boys are okay with him being here." She explained.

"You changed your mind today all on your own?" Camila's asked skeptically, finally lifting up her head and glaring at her wife.

"Yeah, I mean I saw Dinah and Shawn but I didn't tell them about Spencer." She answered cluelessly. "Look I know yesterday I was set on my ways but after thinking about it, I realized you were right. If either of the boys found themselves in Spencer's situation I would hope someone as kind as you would take them in and help them out. And I'm sorry it took me this long to realize it, I hate fighting with you. " she apologized.

"Are you really okay with us fostering Spencer?" Camila asked, needed absolute confirmation from her wife.

"Honestly I'm scared but yeah I'm really okay with it." Lauren answered truthfully.

"Why are you scared?" She asked, intriguing by her answer.

"Because we have two five year old boys, a baby on the way and now we have to get to know and raise a ten year old boy." Lauren stated facts, scary facts.