Chapter Three

I cried.

I actually flipping cried.

“It’s not that funny, princess.” He snuffed, grimacing as his dark eyebrows furrowed. I snorted loudly; the tears were running down my face and were most probably catching on my mascara-coated lashes.

A burning sensation on my leg almost rendered me speechless. I twitched my foot only to realise my leg didn't hurt any more. He must have fixed me, I snorted. Grimmy’s eyes narrowed, his dark features hardening as they zoomed in on the giant smile on my face. 

Run.

My bright grin dropped, crap.

I span out of his unexpected grip and sprinted for my freaking life, my hands whipping out to grip the door handle narrowingly missed as a pair of strong arms latched onto my waist.

“I don’t think so.” He growled, his lips vibrating at my ears.

Dear God.

My heart was pounding against my rib cage as his hands tangled in my t-shirt, letting the hem rise up to the top of my thighs. The tips of his fingers lightly brushed against my skin, his lips insanely close to the back of my ears. I began struggling only to scream out in pain as his strong fingers dug into my waist.

“Don’t. You. Dare.” He ground out, pronouncing each word with vengeance. I didn’t have to have eyes in the back of my head to understand he was burning a hole straight through my brain. He rolled me around his hands gliding up to my shoulders, his face moving extremely close to mine, his dark eyes hiding a sparkle.

Unconscious from my thoughts my body swayed forwards, my whole front pressing up against his. I could feel the rough material of his jeans rub against my legs creating a tickling sensation. His eyes lowered, smouldering as they drifted and focused on my lips. A sudden urge had my tongue sweeping over them causing a low rumble in his chest.

I snapped out of it, my eyes quickly swaying to the closed door. If I played this right I could make it. I could run free from this freak.

Looking up through my lashes my heart jolted as I connected with warm eyes, his gaze flaming me into a pit of fire. My body lit up as I leaned closer, my nose lightly brushing his in an Eskimo kiss. I watched as his eyelids drooped and his tense body relaxed under me.

I've never had this much affect on a guy.

He breathed in a heavy breath before moving forwards, his lips finally brushing against mine. I jolted at the sparks, I could feel my resolve slipping, gradually moving away from me.

But I fled.

I had already flung open the door and pounded through the corridor before I heard a defying growl. Oh dear. I skidded sharply around the corned as I heard his heavy footsteps follow after me, my breathe picking up as I rounded the final corner towards the front door.

It practically glowed with freedom, the golden brass doorknob calling me. Open me, Lily. I shrieked as I felt his hand whipping out, his fingertips grazing the back of my flying hair. I sprinted down the hallway, the photo frames on the walls bouncing with the vibrations.

“Lily!” He roared out, his voice was frantic; the tremors of hate almost knocked me off my feet. Stumbling I pulled my hand out in front of me to open the door but instead my hand went flying into the solid wood as a large force pushed into my back.

My face smashed into the door, my head racketing backwards into his nose, the sound of an ear splitting crunch could be heard.

“Shi-Lily, just stop.” He snarled in my ear before wrestling me around to face him. My mouth dropping open in shock as I watched his slanted nose slowly begin to fix itself, the bone clicking back into place.

Thump, thump, thump.

“What-I-how-” I stuttered out leaning forward to get a closer look, my forehead smacking into his.

“Stay still, princess.” Grimmy commanded leaning his head away from mine to prevent himself from further injury. Looking down I could feel the heat creeping up my face before my brain finally deciding to remember the reason I was currently trapped against the door.

“Why are you here?” I breathed out my left hand rummaging for the door handle, my eyes never wavering from his intense ones. I raised an eyebrow to cover up the excitement I felt as I finally gripped the cool brass. I heard his slight sigh.

“I’m here to-” I turned the handle, quickly breaking away before I heard his response. I stumbled out into the block corridor, my feet slipping on the vinyl flooring sending a chorus of squeaks bouncing around the empty space.

Moments later I heard his body slam into the doorframe as he sprinted after me, my feet finally hitting the stair well. Why was the elevator broken again?

“Princess.” He growled as I jumped off the first step, flying down three at a time. I went in circles; my body flinging left and left and left as I went scrambling down the stairs. Looking ahead I could see the grubby painted sign of floor two, the potted plant to it’s right, dead and dropping petals.

"Help! Hel-“ My cry was cut of as he practically rugby tackled me to the red carpet, the dirt scratching against my bare legs. My screams being strangled as he wrapped his annoyingly muscled hand around my mouth.

“When I stand up you will listen to me, do you understand?” He exhaled, his legs straddling my waist and his free hand was digging into the back of my neck and I was pretty sure if I moved he would break it.

Well this is perfect.

“It is, isn’t it?” he chuckled, his body moving over the top of mine, how did he do that? He sniggered before releasing me, his hands gripping my shoulders as he helped me clamber up. I could feel the tears welling up.

“Please,” I whispered, “who the hell are you?”

“That’s classified at the moment, you won’t know until I can trust you.” His serious face dropping to one of worry before returning straight back as he watched the tears finally slip out. Where is everyone?

“P-please.” I sniffled, his face blurring as the waterworks clouded my eyes.

“Sorry, princess, it’s in the contract.” He sighed out, his voice almost contradicting itself. “If you come with me I know I can trust you.” He countered.

“No.” I shot out, I was going nowhere with this freak. The feeling of his rough hands wiping away the tears send a shiver down my spine, his finger tips tilting my face up, his eyes honest as he spoke.

“Come.”

“Will you tell me if I go with you?” I surrendered, watching his head give a nod in answer.

He smiled and with one final word I went under.

“Sleep.”