The Beginning

I had always loved travelling.

Being able to see all the different sights, the multiple colours and cultures contrasting together in an array of pictures.

This however wasn’t what I was expecting.

I didn’t see the beautiful fields of flowers and grass, the willow trees blowing in the wind. I didn’t get to see the sea lapping at the shore as little children shrieked in happiness.

No, it burnt.

My face was whipped with hot air, screams blaring into my ears. Blinding lights flashed before my eyes, red, orange, red and orange causing me to shut my eyes tightly.

I fell.

Hard.

My body felt as if it had slammed into a truck and been dismantled. It was like I was experiencing my body as it was recreated. I felt as if some three year old was playing with a Barbie, pulling her legs and arms off before trying to reattach them.

I was in a pit of fire, the flames burning around my body, washing over me in a shower of sparks. Pins and needles began to prick at every part of my body, numbing every inch of my skin.

Take the feeling I had when Baldy used the tourniquet on my crappy leg, then multiply it by a thousand.

My muscles sprang out, my joints clicking before flopping into the unknown. My eyes rolled under my eyelids as I was left floating in a tunnel of darkness.

There were no feelings and no sound. I was just there.

This was the beginning of my end, the beginning of my life.

My eyes flew open.

I had made it.