seventeen

Zayn left after a while, lovingly kissing Denise goodbye on the lips and leaving her and I to our selves.

"So you and Niall have something.. Going on?" Denise asked with a smile pulling at the corners of her lips, raking her hand through her bouncy hair and I can't tell if she is mocking me or not.

"No, we don't. Or at least I don't think so." I mumbled, tapping my fingers against the cold surface of the counter.

Niall and I kind of have this little fling going on between us, but I don't know how I feel about him because sometimes he's just so rude and deifant. But he is also so captivating and so utterly alluring it's like I can't keep myself away from him.
And I feel like I don't want to be around guys a lot because of those memories I have from that night at Niall's frat house.

"It's just kind of complicated, you know?" I said, forcing a smile on my face.

"Oh, yeah I get it." She said and sighed heavily.

"My head hurts so bad." I heard a light female voice complain from behind me.

It's Sydney. I turned around to see her stand behind me with her palm pressed to her forhead. Her mascara was smudged underneath her groggy, barely open eyes and her hair looked like a tangly mess of hair placed on the top of her head.

"You're still here?" I exclaimed, laughing a bit because of her looks.

"Yeah, clearly. I'm right in front of you." The giddy mess that is Sydney chuckled and lazily pulled out a chair and sat down next to me. She picked up a banana from a bowl in front of her and silently peeled it open.

"So," Sydney started with a raspy, hungover voice. "You got some last night, didn't you?" She spoke boldly, looking at Denise before taking a bite of her banana.

"Sydney!" Denise giggled, but nodded as a smirk grew all over her face.

They're so immature, but I love them to bits anyway.

"Let's change the subject," Denise smiled. "I'm going to the gym today, wanna come with me?" She asked me, fluttering her eyelashes. She clearly wanted me to go.

"No, I can't today. I'm actually going to look for a job. I've got to move out soon, my mom's going bonkers. I'll have to make some money, or else i'll be trapped in that house forever." I grinned and looked at my friends.

"You can always stay here." Denise stated with a welcoming and warm smile on her face.

"I know. But it would be nice to have a place to myself."

"Yeah I get it. What about you Syd? You're in?" Denise said a little too eagerly.

"Do I have to?" Sydney groaned, and it looked like she was going to pound her probably already aching head into the counter any second.

"Yes, you have to. I'd like some company for once."

Sydney's eyes found mine and she mouthed the words 'tortue' and 'kill me' to me, making sure Denise noticed.

"Its going to be so much fun!" Sydney joked ironically, dramatically taking another bite of the banana with a tight expression on her face.

"Give it a rest Syd, or else i'll whack you with that stupid banana of yours." Denise chuckled, and I couldn't help myself but to laugh too.

"I guess I can't say no." Sydney said reluctantly with a condenscending tone in her sweet voice, standing up from the chair.

-