18%

"Hey Ivy? Could you help me with this? None of it makes sense." Willow mumbled as she sat at her desk, tapping her pencils against the hard oak of the desk. A scroll sat in front of her, various scribbled and 'X's lined her work It was now about a week until the Christmas season, and Willow and Ivy decided to stay home. Willow for obvious reasons, and Ivy stayed to support her friend, not wanting her to be alone. Newt was also there, but he wasn't with the girls currently. Willow decided to do some extra credit, which every teacher she asked replied told her she really didn't need it and she almost had the most remarkable grades in the class. Yet, almost didn't sit right with Willow, so she begged and some gave it to her any way. However, the only work they had she Willow hadn't done was work they weren't supposed to learn until the very end of the year, which she was pleased with. Deep down, her goal was to graduate early, as she had already skipped over her sixth year, (moving straight from her 5th to her 7th) ), by doing the same thing. By graduation, she hoped to join the war and save some people in the dragon division, which she currently studied so vastly about. So yes, currently, Willow was only 16 while everyone she worked beside was a year older than her.

"What was that? Did the great Willow say she needed help with an assignment?" Ivy chipped, with a smug look on her face. Her feet dangling in the air as she laid on her stomach reading a book. Ivy and Jayden were still together, and Ivy had faith there was a possibility they would get married someday.

"Shut it." Willow said, with light joke in her tone, "The way the professor worded this is really confusing, plus we aren't supposed to learn it for another 5ish months." Honestly, Willow was a quite knowledgeable girl, yet she was also classified as brave, loyal, but also very ambitious. Upon getting sorted in her first year, she took the longest getting sorted, as she executed every single trait all the houses valued. So, in the end, it was up to her upon which house she would join. Being only 11 at the time, she still wanted to be exactly like her brother when she became older and her brother was in Slytherin at the time, as was the rest of her family. So, Willow chose Slytherin. No matter what she had gone through, she still didn't regret making the decision, mostly because she favored the colors.

"Then why are you doing it?" Ivy questioned, kicking her sock covered feet back and forth in the chilly air that willow loved.

"We've been over this remember? If I can pass the final end of year exams on the scheduled time I set them up for, I can graduate early and help in the war." Willow explained to her friend who was now sitting upright on her bed, leaning against the headboard. Willow continued to tap her pencil to a rhythmic beat. Ivy pursed her lips, trying to figure out what Willow was saying. It confused Ivy, the concept of leaving to school early just to start another battle. "Never mind." Willow mumbled out, now standing up and putting jackets on. "I'm going to go get some hot coco, maybe it'll clear my head." Willow explained, wrapping a scarf around her neck. She walked out of the room, leaving Ivy to ponder in her own thoughts.

Willow began her slightly long trench through the halls. She didn't want to take the easy way out, like floo or apparition, she never had. Everything she has ever done had been the hard way, except if it was necessary. She walked past her common room, some others sat in there gleefully. Their smiles seemed to light up the dark colors imprinted everywhere within the room, or maybe it was the fire lit inside the fireplace. Either way, Willow had always liked the cooler, or darker tones, it gave the room a sort of ambiance nowhere else could give her. She thoroughly enjoyed its company. A few minutes, willow had made it into the drowsy weather, which once again Willow loved for an odd reason no one else understood. Her covered feet marched through the steps the other kids had left before her. She loved snow, she just didn't like the feeling it gave her when it sucked the warmth out of her tender body. Normally she wouldn't be walking alone in the white-crusted weather, she would be with someone else. Specifically, Newt.

Her thoughts drifted to him. They hadn't been as close as they were in the weeks prior. It seemed he was drifting away from her. Willow just assumed it was because he was doing the same thing as herself. But, now thinking about it, Willow realized that couldn't be the case. Newt never put any thought into his school skills, except for care of magical creatures. Yet, even then he wouldn't pay any attention to what the teacher was saying, only to the creature. So, when the instructor asked him to make the beast not pulverize him, they were always pleasantly surprised when Newt befriended it, though not in the way the teacher taught at all. It did bring to some funny yet endearing times that Newt created from his strange ways. Yet, now Willow felt a tad lonely, not having his body present next to hers. It reminded her of the times she didn't know Newt, when there wasn't a ray of sunshine looking over the bleak drowsy clouds. Willow shook her head upon arriving at her stop, thinking she was just being clingy and annoying in a way.

She entered the bustling building, waitresses rushing to get every order a wizard or which had laid down for them to remember. A hostess greeted Willow, which wasn't normal and did surprise her an inch. It must have just been the extreme Winter rush or something. The hostess made a signal, which must have showed a waitress/waiter another guest had just entered. She told Willow to find any table and that someone would be there to help Willow momentarily, so Willow walked over, her posture in check, to one of the three currently open tables. It was near the back, away from everyone else just as Willow hoped. Willow made her typical order of hot chocolate and a large sugar cookie to the waiter before he was off again. He looked to be in the same year as Willow, probably doing the job for some money after he graduated.

A minute later her order arrived, she sipped the searing hot coco and took a small bite of her sugary treat. She was once again taking another sip of her drink when she spotted something impeccable, Newt was with another girl and they seemed to be more than friendly with each other. She was curled under his shoulder, holding his hand, sitting by the smoky fire. She had long dark brownish hair, beautiful brown eyes, tan skin, and seemed short compared to Newt's stature. She also had the same Slytherin robes Willow normally adorned, she automatically recognized the girl. Leta Lestrange, she was the girl that tried to make fun of willow and the first few years, but always failed because of Willows witty comebacks that made her seem like an idiot. Newt was having a genuine laugh, something only Willow could normally make him do. She finally snapped when the mystery girl leaned up and kissed his already blushing cheek. Willow stood up, not believing the sight in front of her.

"Newt?!" She yelled out of fear and shock, dropping her mug of the coco. The whole place suddenly stopped and looked at the now sad, yet angry girl, eve Newt did. She threw the money down for her food and ran out of the place. Right now, she didn't care for Newt calling her name or the commotion she left behind her. All the emotions and thoughts Willow had pushed down came rushing back to her. All her doubts, her fears. Through Willow's foggy, tear shed eyes she made it deep inside the forbidden forest, finally collapsing on the ground. Everything Willow had pushed back into the deep seeds of her mind had come rushing back. Newt had pulled the string that unraveled the blanket of Willow's brain. He had broken her.

A/N GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS THE NEXT TWO CHAPTERS MIGHT BE KINDA LONG AND IMPORTANT SO HEY MIGHT TAKE ME A BIT LONGER TO WRITE BUT I'LL BE WORKING DOUBLE TIME ON THEM BECAUSE I REALLY LIKE THIS BOOK AND I'VE BEEN TRYING TO GET BETTER AT MY WRITING AND I JUST REALIZED MY CAPS LOCK IS ON SORRY TYPE TO YA LATER, HAVE A GOOD WHATEVER TIME OF DAY IT IS WHERE YOU ARE BYE!