20%

Willow's eyes laid upon the scene in front of her. Once she noticed Newt and Leta, her first instinct was to walk away, have them deal with the beast at hand. Yet, she couldn't do it. Even with all the pain Newt made her endure, she couldn't leave them. That just wasn't in her heart. But, until the creature noticed her she would see what their plan was. She had never seen a beast of its nature before, so she wanted to see what it was capable of. Willow was a smart girl in the sense that she always thought things through, just not all the time.

She observed the twos actions. Newt was awestruck, he couldn't move even if he wanted to. Willow almost felt bad for him, she wouldn't have ever shown it though. She had never seen Newt act the way he was in the presence of a beast. He always seemed to know what to do, he was never scared. He wasn't in the moment either, but he was clueless, she pitied the way he was looking at it. Her eyes darted to the creature. According to her studies it was an Acromantula. It was known to kill people, but she felt something. It was scared and nothing more. Her eyes finally darted to the last person she wanted to see, Leta. Her facial expression assumed anger, yet in her eyes you could see fear of the beast. Her wand was drawn. She was going to try to harm this beautiful creature. Willow wouldn't have that. She started to run, in attempt to protect the creature, yet stopped short when she started to hear yelling emitting from the pair.

"Newt! If it takes another step I'm going to set it on fire!" It was Leta. Willows face furrowed in disgust. Newt wouldn't let this happen, she knew he wouldn't. But Willow still didn't have any faith or trust in the moment at Newt. He just stayed still.

"Touch it I'll set you on fire!" She yelled at Leta. Willow now standing only slightly under the beast. A first, the familiar voice confused Newt, him mumbling something incoherent. However, it spooked the Acromantula, the creature taking a few steps back in fear.

"It's dangerous! It's going to kill you! Move away so I can kill it before it does you!" When Leta shouted that, Willow was just about ready to beat her senseless. "Listen, I will harm you if it means saving the rest of the school." Leta shouted, her wand slowly raising to point at Willow. Willow took note of this action, and raised her left hand, as she had left her want back in class.

"It wouldn't hurt anyone! Its terrified! Even I can see that!" Willow yelled, now fuming with anger, "And Newt, before you say anything stay out of this and I will hurt you too." Newt stepped back, not wanting to be under Willow's torturous wrath. "Leta, if you should know anything about me, it's that ill risk my life for a creature any day. Even if it is an Acromantula!" Leta and Willow stood at a stand-still, no one moving.

"Willow. This is your last chance." Leta grumbled out. Willow stood there, not moving at all. "I'm not joking around Willow."

"You don't think I don't know that?! You took everything I cared about away from me Leta! You aren't taking and creature too!" Willow shouted, a tear running down her face. Newt looked at Willow, an admiration filled stare directed at her. Leta was now more fearful and angry than ever. She knew Willow was smart and strong about things. Leta was 3rd in the year, where Willow ranked first. She knew she was at a disadvantage, but she had to do this. Yet, she hadn't known about her wandless magic credits.

"Alarte Ascendare!" Leta shouted, her wand directed at Willow. Willow knew the spell, and loved it honestly, so when she was thrown into the air, all Willow did was land back on the ground. Willow wouldn't harm anyone unless needed. By now a large crowd had formed, all different types of students and staff. Willow didn't care, as long as they didn't harm her hopefully new friend. Leta continued casting spells aimed at Willow, yet none hit or did any damage to the tall girl. That was until Leta decided she had had enough of all the games and shouted one spell that no one expected. "CRUCIO!" Leta fumed. Once those words reached Willow's ears. Everything slowed down.

She saw the light beaming towards her. The blood red color reminded her so much of the past. Newt was frozen with what he was witnessing. But, before willow could do anything, she was off the ground and into the creature's arms. It was protecting her. She knew something was special about it. Yet, before she could help it. The bolting light hit it. Willow flew into the air, landing safely beside the creature, twitching in absolute pain. Willow ran to it. All the memories of the night she saw newt and Leta flooding back to her. It was this creature that helped her. It was this creature that brought her back to its cave. Willow began to cry, hugging onto one of its legs. Willow wanted to help, she really did. But it was too late.

"Willow. Thank you." A deep voice was heard into her head. It was coming from the creature. "Please protect my child in the forest. Let him grow strong and brave." Willow sobbed into its leg. Normally that type of spell wouldn't kill anything, but Leta was a strong witch and the spell kept going on for at least 30 seconds to a minute. It died because of Leta. Because of Leta. Willow whipped her face, and stood up, marching over to Leta. Prior to any thinking, Willow's fist hit Leta's jaw, knocking her to the floor. She was tired of doing things for others in anyway. With this, she was taking the last bit of life into her own hands. And she was damn happy about it.

A/N Finally! Another update! Sorry it's been like a week! I forgot my laptop at a friend's house and I haven't seen them until now so I'm very sorry for the wait! Please tell me of any mistakes, i didn't have time to read this over! Either way, new chapter on Monday and Tuesday hopefully! Type to ya later! Bye! (Sorry that I'm not the best at writing action scenes, I tried)

Oh and btw I have a new book published, it's a Dan Howell fanfic ( social media fix kinda thing). It's called PlantMom d.h if u wanna read it!