c h a p t e r ; 0 2

t h e   d a y   a f t e r

The morning woke Ana up early then what she wanted it to be, laying in bed for a while until it was time to get to work and tell Jarvis not to go and pick her up

The morning woke Ana up early then what she wanted it to be, laying in bed for a while until it was time to get to work and tell Jarvis not to go and pick her up. Anneliese had a show and put on a black shirtwaist dress with mid-length sleeves and black heels, she quickly applied her make-up and my red lip stick.  She grabbed my handkerchief and walked down to the front door to find Jarvis about to walk out.

"Jarvis!" she yelled, he jumped from the sudden yell. "You were asleep so I slept in the spare room" He nodded and showed her into the kitchen. Howard entered the kitchen with wet hair and only jeans on, he was reading the newspaper and having a -now cold- coffee. Anneliese coughed and Jarvis knew it was his cue to leave.

"Good traffic?"

"No, I stayed over"

"then why didn't you tell me, I could of drove you home?"

"We would have died"

Howard rolled his eyes and got up to make her a coffee, he watched anneliese walked over to a chair and study the blueprint of a gun. Finding a pencil and an eraser, she starts erasing some parts of the the blueprint, the trigger would brake the soldiers finger and so she fixed it with her sharp witted mind, circling it to make a 'signal' to work on it. The gunfire would make it impossible to trigger the gun, impossible to defeat the Nazi and Hitler himself. Howard was leaning over her shoulder looking at the blueprint.

"you changed it I see, I was hoping you would do that." He smiled. "Your coffee is ready"

walking down the streets of New York was different 4 years ago, now posters of the war plagued the streets, a band playing down the street and as it always does it has a massive crowd

walking down the streets of New York was different 4 years ago, now posters of the war plagued the streets, a band playing down the street and as it always does it has a massive crowd. It was always a struggle to walk past them as she loved the performances as a child when it was for pure happiness and now its promoting a war, though sadness it takes a lot for her to steer clear but today she did not, she marched her way towards the crowd watching the arm play. 

Anneliese was like many women, rolling there eyes of the women saying they would serve there part and tend to the children. In the society it was laughed upon for women to work but the sudden loss of men and money, the women have been 'forced' to work, a scandal. A ridiculous scandal she would rant to Howard, who would only listen when he would be yelled for not listening

As she goes to leave  one of the soldiers pointed at her, why me she thought. He walked over to her while many people in the street watched, it was a silly game they play into brainwashing the women into submission. They trick with your mind you see, they get a buff and to some 'attractive' guy come around and say 'do the men proud and be a good housewife'. Anneliese glared, he was the main man to call the women useless in a 'kind' way. He was a jerk, there was nothing good around him either.

"Miss, what are you going to do to benefit this war?" he asked with his ugly smirk.

"I build weapons." she said, making many people laugh, "with Howard Stark, so please sir tell me how i am doing the men wrong" the sentence rolled off her tongue before she could shut it.

She walk away having his icy eyes on her back many of the men called insults -well the only men around at least- and the women stayed quite. She walk to her family home which is only a two-minute walk from the street, walking faster as she want to get home to listen to the radio to hear the progress of the war.

Unlocking the door to the house home and locking it behind her, she leaded against the door while taking her heels off. She walk into the kitchen remembering she hadn't clean up, she put my apron and gloves on and start washing the dishes, hummed to herself as she look out side to see her father's lovely rose garden. Each rose was the ones her father single handed put in, she keep there garden and house up to shape.

She miss my father dearly, her mother not so much as she never knew her. Her aunt and her husband are part of the war, predictable. The aunt is one of those basic brainwashed wife's while her uncle goes and fights in the war as a sergeant. Finishing the dishes, she got to work with her knitting, Ana was knitting a jumper for Jarvis as he is always wearing suits. A chuckle escaped her mouth, recalling a moment where Howard and Jarvis argued about the 'right' suit material, honestly the right marital is the ones that feels comfy, but no.

The telephone rang, her aunt got it installed after the end of World War One, she never knew the reason why but her father seemed attached to it when it was first installed. She only ever have had to use it when Howard or Jarvis rang or when one of her friends need 'desperate' help which would always be rather hilarious to watch them run around like a mad hen. Sh walk towards it and picks it up to hear Howard's voice.

"Ana, could you spend the remaining days planning where the machinery is to go,"  an explosion went off, "I have been delayed in a certain project and I figured, what is better then a woman designing the stage after all men say women have a better sense of style"

She laughed while listing to explosion and some mumbling and grunting after another and mumbling. "Ana, still there?" Howard asked.

"sadly"

"Will you?"

"Start speakin' 'merican, I 'ight think bout it"

"very funny Ana, very funny"