c h a p t e r ; 0 2 7

m a r c h      5 t h      1945

Anneliese was just making a coffee in the kitchen when Agent Carter rudely rushed through the doors, Ana had never liked her, she wasn't sure if it was the fact that she encouraged everything that she discouraged for Colleen or the fact that she was who she was. 

"Agent Carter, what on earth are you doing?"

"Colleen has going insane at the meeting, and Steve is no where to help"

"That doesn't sound like Colleen" Ana stopped making her coffee and started walking to Agent Carter.

"She just found out that Sergeant Barnes died"

Those words hit her, that was James, the man she loved so dearly. Instantly over protective mamma bear started, she gestured for Agent Carter to show where the meeting was taking place, unfortunately it meant being in a car with her, again. Staring her car, she asked Agent Carter a question.

"Why bother come get me?"

"Because she asked"

The rest of the trip was silent, the roads was silent and the people on the pathway was silent, it was too silent. Getting out of the car, it stayed silent and she stayed silent. Walking into the shop, that also was silent and the keeper was silent until the shopkeeper saw Agent Carter and opened a door. When it opened it was far from quiet, screaming, crying and yelling. Rushing down the stairs, still in her morning wear of a nighty and hair plaited, she saw Colleen had started going insane, insane like a mad man assassin. 

"Miss Rogers" yelled Ana, Colleen faced her, her eyes blotchy and her lip trembling.

"Stop this nonsense Colleen, its far from expectable and James would agr -"

She didn't finish her sentence when Colleen was at her throat with a knife, when she learnt to use a knife as a weapon was a mystery to Ana. Anneliese knew what she had to do, she could hear someone load a gun, she was not going to let Colleen destroy her life because her hormones were heighten because of the hope of bring peace.

She grabbed the knife off her, quickly chucking it to the floor, Colleen started crying again and started hugging her. She started smoothing her with massaging her head and rubbing her back, the men from the meeting had decided to go into a different room, she heard Howard reject and would join them soon.

"He-he-e's go-ne" she sobbed, "he's really gone, i thought i would live old with him" she continued to sob.

With her own emotions heighten from the vibranium box, curiosty got the better of her.

"What do you mean grow old with James, Colleen" she said as she pulled apart from her.

She showed a ring, a beautiful ring. "he ask-ed, be- before he lef-left."