c h a p t e r ; 018.2

prior to the building explosion

The blast of the bomb shook the city in Italy, silence was for a mere few seconds and the out brake of screams could be heard. 

Howard was in a meeting, arguing with the American Army about pulling out Anneliese Lorenz from all information about Hydra. The SSR had an idea to weaken Hydra from attacking from Johann Schmidt, to kill his family.

It was near impossible to find any information of his family until a German doctor that recently escaped Germany begged authorities to talk about Johann as he was the doctor that delivered him from his mothers womb. They learnt that his mother, Martha died during childbirth and his father, Hermann committed suicide.

With this information they had a team of elite soldiers to brake in and grab any information on Marta or Hermann relatives. A success it was, they found a family of relatives called the Webbers and this is when Howard started to get worried as Ana had once in her drunken state spoke many Germany insults about their family. They later found many letter exchange with the Webber family and Rose-Velt, in which was poorly translated to blackmail, norse mythology and 2 other family names. Carl and Lorenz.

The news of the Lorenz family being related to Schmidt was kept classified, only a handful of people knew. Howard was questioned if he ever knew about this which he denied, they later went to check all letters sent to Anneliese. They did not check the letter from Pennsylvania but they did from the one Germany, the german translator said it was okay. Only would they know much later how wrong he was.

Howard argued against them that she was working for Hydra, she was always to focus on killing Johann himself than anything else since she came back from her last visit to Italy.

"Mr Stark, it needs to be done, Miss Lorenz is no longer trusted with the American Military information, materials and codes. It is either that or i assign a group of men to take her to cells down town for  working against the allied forces."

"What has she done against the allied forces?!?" Howard yelled angrily.

"she withdrew information of her family."

"if you dare take her to a cell or withdraw any information from her i swear on the american people that we will lose this war."

"is that a threat?"

"no a promise"

"how so?" countered the man.

"you will lose me as a weapon manufacturer, you will lose Colleen and Steven Rogers as weapons and on top of it all, you will lose the best thing that has ever happened to you."

"and what is that?"

"the secret of the super serum"

That was when the bomb exploded, the ears of Howard Stark and the others in the room. Everyone dropping to the floor, it was their instinct. Hearing screams from outside the building they were in, the screams was 'look over there'. hearing this Howard got up quickly, he dragged the curtains to the side to see the building Anneliese was in had been the building that was bombed.

Silence steadied over the room, until an agent rushed into the room.

"Sir, the german translator took the Cyanide Pill with the Nazi symbol under his clothes."

Another agent rushed into the room, looking sadden.

"Sir, only one person was in the building, Miss Anneliese Lorenz"

Time froze, as everyone stared at Howard, it was impossible for her to survive the attack she was in the basement. 

"Don't just stand there!" yelled Howard in fury while tears ran down his cheek, "if you lose her, you lose me."

Authors Note

Due to the lack of updates i wrote a small chapter in Howard's Point of View.

Since i accidentally blew up Anneliese i need time to rewrite the next chapter.

Also a shout out to AliceDeGennaro for amazing art!