c h a p t e r ; 1 0

Project Rebirth

In a mad dash to clean everything up, all the tools, the broken plates and the grease marks took a lot of effort. Howard wanted everything presentable, Anneliese just wanted Colleen to finally see her brother. With only an hour before Steven was to arrive Anneliese was helping dress Colleen, with much fuss from Colleen it took a good 30 minutes to get her in a red and white dress. Applying only a small amount of makeup, well for anneliese safety she only did a little. Herself already in a black dress, heels and a laboratory coat, unlike Colleen she laid make up as it was a children with crayons. She covered it, a thick layer of red lipstick and dark lashes, it was her style.

The 2 walked down to see Howard smiling, "Well isn't it nice to see you in a dress Colleen, anyone i know will be taking it of" he cheekily asked, Colleen puffed and walked off.

Standing in silence, Ana gave Howard a kiss on his cheek and a handkerchief to wipe the lipstick off. "How did you get her in a dress? Little less some make up? You did the impossible."

"I understood the impossible but i did not complete the impossible, honestly Howard its called bribing"

The time came, the doors opened and Steven Rogers was standing next to the female agent. The laboratory became silent as Colleen Rogers hugged her brother, he did not know of his sisters gift and no one had planned for him to know yet. She pulled away, all attention was on Doctor Eskine as he pulled out the solider serum. Ana showed Steven to his place in the machine, only having small talk.

"Steven Rogers, i've many great things about you from your sister" she whispered.

"Oh, um thank you miss"

The two was interrupted by the sudden loud voice of the doctor. 

"Ladies and gentlemen, today we take not another step towards annihilation, but the first step on the path to peace. We begin with a series of micro injections into the subjects major muscle groups. The serum infusion will cause immediate cellular change. And then to stimulate growth, the subject will be saturated with vita rays." As he was speaking, Ana pulled out a needle - it was a preliminary injection.

"That wasn't so bad."

"That was penicillin."

Ana helped the other scientist to lock Steven Rogers into the container, the doctor knocked on it and had a quick check on Steven to see if everything was alright. Only seconds later the vita rays were active, the wailing noise of Steven shocked Ana. In the conner of her she could see Howard doing both his job of functioning the vita rays and holding Colleen away from the machinery and Steven.  

Ana took it upon her self to grab Colleen, she kept on yelling 'Let him go!' or 'Its hurting him! Shut it down!' Ana nearly yelled at Howard to shut it down her self until  Doctor Erskine yelled "Kill the reactor, Mr. Stark! Kill the reactor!" Howard went to shut it down until the wailing stopped and Steven yelled.

"No! Don't! I can do this!"

The transformation was over, Steven was pulled out of the container. Ana was impressed, not only is he going to bring peace in the world, he was going to do it with his body. She let go of Colleen and a gun shot rung though the building, she duck down covering her head, how her father taught her. Looking up to see both Colleen and Steven Rogers out of the compound and the doctor near his death on the floor. She ran over to him, hearing his last words.

"Miss Lorenz...please look after them.....two both.....the" The doctor died.

Ana let out a cry, she didn't know the man well but he gave her a reason to work, a idea to help the young Roger and a positions to change the future. 

Many turned to see the young scientist with bloody on her hands yelling 'No no no no no!", she was pulled away by Howard and he wrapped his arms around her. She cried for a few minutes until her new found instinct kicked in. 

The mother instinct.

"Where is she! No she didn't, no no. Where is she" she started panicking "Where is she Howard! Where is she! is she safe, please say she didn't. No she hasn't has she? Is she alive" She paused and put her hand to her mouth. "She's not dead, her brothers not dead is he? Are they alive?!?"

"I don't know, I think they went after the nazi who killed the doctor and with both of them not knowing much of their abilities it could end either good or bad. Just think positive. Just think positive" 

Ana was in hysterics, she was still in hysterics even after Colleen came back with no bruises, no cuts and no blood. Colleen kept on telling her to calm down and jokingly said.

"If you going to worry over me, you might as well be my mother"

"Yes i worry over you like my daughter but of you give me grey hair by the time i'm 30 i will drag you down to hell" 

With a small giggle and a hug, "i think your starting to grow grey hair"

"Don't push it"

A/N

Sorry for being inactive!

I am thinking of writing a Kilgrave story,

Not a romance but like a thriller.

Would you read it?

Bye

xoxo