c h a p t e r ; 0 9

a few days later

Anneliese was still a mess, she got Colleen in this mess, she got her all screwed up, it was her fault Colleen Rogers will never be the same again.

After the incident she had looked herself in her office which smelt of Colleens perfume, the smell of lavenders. Howard of course got nothing out of the doctors as he was not 'valid' for any of the details, it felt strange for him not to have clearance over his own work - well Ana's work with his money. All he knows is Colleen will never be the same. If Ana was to come out of her office it would be her getting ready to go home which followed a very precise timetable.

5:00pm - out of her office

5:10pm - give her blueprint she looked at the day (she usually checked more)

5:30pm - check on Colleen

6:00pm - get her coat

6:05pm - drive home

Never had Ana been late, precise on every occasion although Howard knew something was up with Ana, she wasn't in her office. Howard went looking for her, it never occurred to him that she thought of Colleen's accident as her fault nor did he know she felt responsible for her health and her well being. If Howard wasn't so worried about the machine he was building he would of realised Ana cared a lot for the girl.

Ana decided it was time to see Colleen, collect blood samples and see the damage she had foolishly caused all for scientific research. She snuck into the confidential room to see Colleen beaming with a smile and little less drawing with the arm she hurt only days ago. Ana nearly dropped the test tube to see her arm had a full recovery, Ana put her stuff down and gestured for Colleen to sit down.

"How?" questioned Ana

"I healed the first night" she shrugged

Ana was astonished, the stitches was still in her arm when she checked on her last night. "But your stitched?"

"I carefully took them out, i did train to be a nurse after all" she chuckled.

Ana nodded, "It would be okay for me to take some blood samples, right?" she croaked 

"Yes, your the reason i have a arm"

'And the reason the serum may kill you' was all Ana could think of, she got the needle and took the blood samples without Colleen fighting her, it was a first. This shocked her more, she kept on apologising but Colleen told her she had never felt healthier than before, she needed to find the doctor and find out the exact ingredients he used in his treatment. She got up and said goodbye and went to her lab, she heard Howard call her name but she ignored him because once your in the zone, your in the zone.  

Howard walked in shocked, Ana was working furiously. She didn't send a hello kiss, a hug or an apology she needed to find out why Colleen recovered so quickly, it was in the science she knew best. Chemistry. She found the serum itself was overtaken by the treatment and fused to create a new kind of treatment. She got one of the extra doses of super serum and mixed it with an extra blood sample to see it turned from the serums blood and the red blood fuse to make a bright red and white mixture. She could feel Howard's breath against her shoulder, she stopped realising what this could possibly mean.

"Howard, please get me a napkin"

Howard passed one of his 'clean' napkin and she covered the top of test tube with the napkin and poured the mixture down the sink. She grabbed a knife and took a nice cut on her finger, Howard was worried but Ana knew what she was doing. She pressed the napkin to her finger for a minute. She lifted it up to see it made a full recovery. No blood stain was left on the napkin.

"Howard..." she whispered "did you see that"

"yes, but why did that happen"

Ana ran over to her notes of the super serum and the notes of the other doctor that left behind for her to look over for a bit. She got out a pen and started underlining many of the words and crossing it out seeing a message she missed from the beginning. The Doctor Erskine had hidden a message.

He didn't just pick Colleen because she was Steve's sister

He didn't choose to inject her with the serum for nothing

He didn't ask for quarantine the whole time

and he didn't ask any other scientist in Howard's industrial to make the fomular

Colleen was meant to get injured, she was meant to get the blood treatment.

He wanted a super solider to fight.

But he wanted a super healer to save.

He wanted her to be as strong as her brother.

To save her morals.

He wanted someone to save lives.

Quicker than 20 nurses.

He wanted something of peace and liberty.

He needed a Lady Liberty, and he got Colleen Rogers.

"The sneaky Bastard" she muttered

A/N

Sorry for the short chapter.

I will make it up.

Bye