c h a p t e r ; 0 2 1

b a c k     i n    a m e r i c a

Arriving back in America, Stark Industrials was far from quite

Arriving back in America, Stark Industrials was far from quite. Blue prints needed to be checked, payment needed to be dished out and workers needed to know what machinery would be needed for the next lot of weapons. 

It left Ana and Howard to busy, working early mornings to late evenings and only getting 5 hours of sleep. Usually if Howard was gone, Ana stayed or vice versa, the two only spoke to one another to confirm the work the other has done. Ana stayed down in the chemical buildings of a bomb or grenades while Howard was building the gun to have a further few meters on it and to make it much more lighter. She was working on recreating grenades that she made in her first trip to Italy with less expensive equipment with the rest of the 'Anneliese Lorenz' approved group.

Her Aunt had made a visit to make sure that she came over for lunch the following night, while her friend Guinevere made plans the same day for breakfast because the restaurant they liked only had enough money for meat early on in the day.

"Miss, Mr Stark wants to see you in his office" said Edwin Jarvis, it had been such a long time since she seen him. Nodding, she quickly told the group to continue working and the one to make the most would get a 5% bonus on behalf of Howard Stark.

Making her way out of the 'working laboratory' into his privet house where his office is located, since being in Italy, he asked Jarvis to upgrade his main house to a more 'work' environment. Walking in to see Howard sitting in a chair, legs on the table while he read the newspaper, with a cup of coffee in his hand.

"Howard" Ana said "You are going to ruin the wood on the table"

"I can always buy another"

"I liked that one! Feet off"

Acting like a teenage boy, he rolled his eyes and put his feet off of the table. Placing the news paper and coffee down, "The France lines are moving, the nazi might be could of Paris by the end of the year"

"This can't be possibly be why you called me here"

"No, Colonel Chester Phillips has set up a dinner to thank everyone part of the success in defeating many Hydra bases tomorrow night."

Turning around to sit on the couch in his office, rubbing her head. "then i will not be here for the whole day tomorrow, meeting some friends for breakfast, eating lunch with my Aunt and now talking to group of rowdy children for dinner"

Just thinking of how many change of clothing she would have to do tomorrow was tiring, a nice yellow dress with massive heels, to a kind and simple pink dress with flats and then a dancing dress with heels.

"I am going to bed, goodnight"

"Its only eleven in the morning!"

Ana gave his a stern look. "Oh and you need to pay one of the workers a 5% bonus to who ever makes the most grenades, love you"

"Good night lovey"

Kissing him on the cheek, she left the office, turned the corner and up the stairs to her office, grabbing her bag she locked it and yelled 'goodbye' to Edwin as she walked out of the front door to face her 'Bakers Car' and drove home. She had been staying in the spare room at Howard home when she worked later than nine, which usually every night.

The traffic was not busy, arriving at the little cottage. Locking her car, and entering her home, kicking off her heels when she locked the house. It was so quiet, picking up her shoes and putting them in a box next to the door, walking to the lounge room she turned on the radio as she sat down. Listening to it as she started to knit, she was thinking of heading off to bed in a few hours, giving time to relax her self.

It wasn't even an hour before she heard knocking on the door, getting up she yelled for them to wait as she slipped on the heels, opening it up, it was not what she expected.

"Noah" she said, "Klara"

Looking at the two, Noah supported a bold head while Klara had near grey short hair. Klara was a few years older than Noah, a scandal in the family. In the middle was Chloe, she looked the same, one of the youngest in the whole crazy family. She supported blonde curled pigtails, supposably a favourite in Germany.

"Sorry for being early, but-"

"Do you have the object i asked"

"Yes"

"pass it over"

Noah passed it over to Ana, unwrapping the clothe he used to wrap it up. Looking at it, she picked it up, checking to make sure it can't snap. They were a set of eight Sabre-Tooth claws, their was nothing the man couldn't get his hands on and he proved it yet again.

She watched as Klara bent down hugging her daughter, telling her that she going to be safe with her. Noah had a suitcase of Chloe's stuff, he was also holding a teddy bear, she watched Chloe tear up.

"It will be okay schätzchen, Cousin Anneliese isn't like Uncle Bruno. It will be a lot of fun, i promise. She is working with the people to get rid of mean Uncle Johann, you are safer with her than in Austria."

Not allowing them to enter, they had to say their goodbyes outside. She didn't want to be rude, but her Uncle Noah did not need to get his fingers of anything that belonged to her mother or father.

"Come on Chloe, lets come inside and have a hot chocolate."

She said one last teary goodbye to her parents before grabbing her teddy bear and suitcase off her dad and entered the house. Before closing the door, Noah put his foot between the door. "Make her stronger, like the rumours of Lady Liberty in France"

"bestens"

Shutting the door, she faced Chloe, her eyes showed misery while she had a smile on her face. 

"You will be getting my old room, please don't touch any of the china in there."

Walking down the hallway, the room next to her parents old room - now hers, she opened the door for Chloe to find many plush pillows and stuff animals. Allowing her to settle in her room, she started making a hot chocolate as she dial Stark Industrials number.

"Edwin Jarvis from Stark Industrials is here"

"Hello Edwin, would you be able to get Howard's arse to the telephone"

She heard Edwin put down the phone, she finished making two hot chocolates as Chloe emerged from her room into the kitchen. Gesturing for her to come over to grab a hot chocolate, she quickly put down the telephone and walked into the lounge room with Chloe. Moving her knitting off the single couch she had onto the coffee table.

"Stay here, I will be back soon"

She walked back to the telephone, she waited as she drank from her hot chocolate.

"I thought you were going to be sleep, darling"

"Well i would be in bed now, but my Uncle Noah decided to change the dates"

"For what?"

"Chloe"

There was silence from the other line, she was not meant to be moving in with Ana until next week. They had most of the week either working or meetings or dinner parties.

"Can you call the Colonel, if he likes it or not. Chloe is going to that dinner party, i don't trust her to be alone with anyone else."