c h a p t e r ; 0 2 0

a w h i l e    l a t e r

Arriving to the new headquarters, Howard helped Ana out of the car as she held onto his arm for support

Arriving to the new headquarters, Howard helped Ana out of the car as she held onto his arm for support. Walking into the building and asking 'ladder', they walked through a door and down a staircase to see the new headquarters had machinery being distributed, plans thought, plotting places on the map and agents running around the place.

She slowly walked down the stairs, it was one thing to be seen weak and clinging onto an arm but it was another to trip and unable to get up. Many of the agents stared, it was already rumoured that the two had hit it off when she was younger and stayed together longer. Ignoring the stares, the two made it down and Howard directed her to the direction of her room.

"Mr Stark!" an agent yelled, "You are wanted downstairs"

"Tell them that they will wait an hour and have lunch"

Shutting the door, and letting go off Howard, she walked quickly over to the desk in the room to support herself. Howard turned around.

"Ana" he said slowly.

"I'm Sorry" she said, "I am sorry that i never told you the full story of my family" her hands clenched the desk, her nails bending.

Howard walked over cautiously, not wanting to frighten or make her think he was trying to intimate her. When Ana was upset, she would usually speak it freely. When Ana was questioned about family, she would slap who ever asked.

"No doubt that you figured out that my uncle is Johann Schmidt, and that other members of my family are highly ranked Hydra Agents. But there is much you can not find from a birth certificate"

Howard grabbed the bedside chair, helping Ana to sit down. It was not advised for her to not move her legs but Howard knew it was for the best if she sat down.

"Johann was my mothers cousin, making him my second cousin but he insisted on using 'uncle'. He was power hungry, always has and always will, and so was my other cousins, my Uncle Bruno has had more mistresses than you could imagine, all 32 sons. He married my late Aunty Debbie, the only reasonable one from that family. They are generally known as the 'Webbers' in my mothers hometown Berlin."

Hitler had the Panzers and Johann had the Webbers, she did not want to tell Howard that they all would lay their own lives for him. She did not want to tell that her aunty Debbie was actually her Uncle Bruno's younger sister, that the majority of there children was made by incest. 

"My family had its fair amount of conflict, but there was nothing fair about the actions taken on my other cousins. Else and Philip Velt, the only family you knew that wouldn't attempted to assassinate you in your sleep. They had a few children, they always preached and prayed for an ancestor who was made into a goddess, everyone thought they were mental but everything they said added up. I had never met them, but my mother had a very close done to them, they said that an object that glowed blue would be everyones downfall. I guess they were right. The entire family died, massacred the entire family. Then it leaves the last family, they wrote to me begging to protect them. Noah Carl, the man was as sneaky as a man could get, there wasn't anything that the man couldn't get. My family has always been at war with one another."

Taking a deep breath she waited for Howard's response, she could see his hands near his head. It was lot to take in, to know that her family was always on the verge of killing one another did not set well in his stomach.

"well" he said "we all got a bit of crazy in our family".

Ana saw Howard look up, "I do have to admit, the day the building exploded i was in a meeting where your family was discovered. Lucky and unlucky for you that the building exploded, it proved to the American Military after a good yelling afterwards that you were as American as President Roosevelt."

Days had gone past, she had started knitting, finished drawing blueprints, and wrote back to the her uncle Noah promising only the safety for Chloe as she felt fit for and an relic

Days had gone past, she had started knitting, finished drawing blueprints, and wrote back to the her uncle Noah promising only the safety for Chloe as she felt fit for and an relic. Her strength did improve only hours of leaving the hospital, she had already started on her latest experiment. She mixed Stevens and Colleens blood, and convinced Howard to let her tweak the machine he made a year ago to let her try the experiment. 

She had recreated Colleens gun to add medical instruments inside of it before she left for France, Hydra was not spotted over there but the need of troops and nurses was needed and Colleen signed up with a few other nurses she knew in Italy.

It was only a week until she flew back to America with Howard, already promising her Aunty over the telephone that she would have a cup of tea with her. While her friend Guinevere had set a day out the day she got back, she organised a breakfast party with herself, Ana and a few other girls.

It was easy to say that she was going to be very busy