4: Catastrophe

(No POV)

The rain crashed on the roof like a thousand tiny drums, the noise overwhelming at this point. Zane's head pounded as he took care of the sad remains of a once beautiful cupcake.

"Goodbye, my love," he whispered as it fell in the trash. "I will always remember you"

He walked into the bathroom to wash his hands (you wouldn't believe how much of Celestia's hair gets into the carpet...) and looked out the window in the hallway. It was pouring, and already dark outside, probably around 8:00, he thought. He stared outside when heard a loud crack of thunder... And then saw lightning... And then there was nothing but darkness.

He heard a crash coming from downstairs, then a scream.

"Aph?! Are you okay?" He yelled down the stairs.

"Yeah, I'm fine, I just fell. I guess the power went out. I'll go find a flashlight!" He heard more shuffling, then another crash. He rolled his eyes.

"I'm okay!" She yelled. Zane shook his head. He was going to have to help her, but first he wanted to take a moment to enjoy the darkness. It was almost as dark as his soul. Or, so he thought...

"Zane~Kun? Did the power go out?"

Zane turned around and saw Kawaii~Chan, her still damp hair glistening in the moonlight from a nearby window. She fidgeted a bit, clearly a bit uncomfortable. Zane blushed a bit, covering it up with his mask. He cleared his throat.

"Yeah, I think so. Aphmau is trying to find some flashlights now."

"Oh..." She paused and looked downstairs. "Katelyn~Sama made some emergency packs in case of any emergencies like this. I know where they are, I can show you if you'd like."

"That would be great." He gestured down the stairs. "Lead the way, m'lady"

Kawaii~Chan giggled and stepped down the stairs, one foot after the other as she held onto the wall for support. Zane, on the other hand, decided it would be a good idea to just walk down the stairs like he normally would... Though that ended disastrously. He ended up completely missing a step and falling, tumbling down the stairs.

"AGH!" He yelped, after crashing into the TV stand.

"Zane~Kun! Are you okay?!" Kawaii~Chan carefully descended down the stairs to help him up.

"Yeah, I'm fine, just a bit bruised." He responded, still in a daze. She stuck out her hand which he took, gratefully. She smiled as she pulled him up, looking him up and down.

"You look okay... But Kawaii~chan would avoid falls like that for a while!" She smiled. Now, at moments like this, Zane would usually make snarky comments such as 'Well I wouldn't have fallen if I could see!' But he stopped himself, and instead did nothing more than nod.

"

I FOUND DA SLEEPING BAGS GUYS!!" Aphmau yelled, bounding up the stairs with a pile of fabric blocking her vision. She ran into the living room, tripped over the couch, and flopped onto the floor.

"You really couldn't have walked around the couch?" Zane spoke, rolling his eyes at Aphmau as she got up.

"Nope! Too excited! We're gonna have a SLUMBER PARTY!" She threw the sleeping bags onto the ground and looked up at Zane and Kawaii~Chan, and squinted. She cocked her head.

"Hey, are you guys..."

Zane and Kawaii~Chan looked down to see that they were still holding hands, from their earlier endeavor. They quickly separated, blushing madly.

"KAWAII~CHAN IS GOING TO GO GET THE FLASHLIGHTS" She yelped and ran down to the basement. Zane did nothing but stare at Aphmau, who smirked and shook her head knowingly. She, luckily for Zane, decided not to say anything, but knew exactly what she was going to be posting on wattpad when the power came back on.

"Can you help me with the sleeping bags Zane?" She giggled as she stood up, causing Zane to roll his eyes. "I wanted to move the couch back so we'll have more room to lay out our stuff, but I need some help moving it." Zane laughed at her weakness.

"What, a little potato like you can't move a couch?"

Aphmau scoffed, "Don't you call me a potato, you fat nugget!" Aphmau crossed her arms as Zane stepped over the sleeping bags on the ground, and they both shoved the couch back aggressively, though, to their dismay, the couch didn't move an inch. They both looked at each other in utter shock when they heard a laugh coming from the stairwell, and suddenly had a flashlight shone in their faces.

"You guys are a bunch of wimps! Let Kawaii~Chan do it!" She dropped the armful of supplies she had brought upstairs and stuck the flashlight she was holding into her mouth. She hopped over the couch, and in one swift movement, pushed the couch over to the doorway. Kawaii~Chan smiled and hopped back over the couch, picking back up the supplies.

"Kawaii~Chan is going to set up these candles!" The girl smiled and set to work finding the matches in the pile of supplies she had brought upstairs. Zane, distraught, plopped himself down onto the floor, sitting on top of the pile of sleeping bags.

"WHY ARE THESE ALL PINK?!"

...