9: Acceptance

"Zane~Kun! You have a pony collection?!"

It had been a couple of days since the demolition crew wrecked their houses, and now everyone was slowly moving into their new ones. Zane had Kawaii~Chan over for... reasons he refused to tell anyone... And he was quite content to know that she was happy and bubbly again.

"Yeah..." Zane started, embarrassed. "I've been collecting them for a while. I'm working toward having every single one, but i'm far from that ever happening."

"You have a limited edition porcelain Pinkie Cake?! That's amazing!"

Zane blushed. "Yeah, Aphmau got that one for me. I dunno how, though, because of how rare they are..."

"Zane~Kun! This has to go front and center of your collection shelf!" She picked up the precious pony and placed it on the shelf they had just put up, (well, Laurance had put it up, but that's only because Zane refused to read the instructions,) front and center in Zane's new room.

"It looks amazing there," Zane said, awestruck.

"It'll look even more amazing once we get your other ponies up! Come on, Zane~Kun! Let's unpack all your stuff!" Zane realized what she was doing, suddenly, and shook himself.

"No!'

"Huh?"

"Let's... Not.. Put them on the shelf."

"But they look so good there!"

"I know, It's just that..." He struggled to find a way to convince her to put the figurines anywhere but in plain sight. Kawaii~Chan cocked her head in confusion.

"If we put them there, they'll... Ruin my aesthetic! Yeah!" Kawaii~Chan laughed.

"Oh, the whole, "Black and White" thing you have going on! Kawaii~Chan gets it! Kawaii~Chan follows way too many aesthetic blogs, you're talking to the right person!" She paused. "Where do you want Kawaii~Chan to put these, then?" She took down the Pinkie Cake figurine, and held it in her hands, patiently.

"Just in the box, for now. I'll figure out where to put them eventually." Though, he knew exactly where he was putting them. In the closet. Where they could stay hidden.

"Okay!" Kawaii~Chan complied, then moved on to the next box, then stopped.

"Zane~Kun, this is all just miscellaneous items, and those boxes are all labeled clothes... Which Kawaii~Chan doesn't think she should go through..." She paused, blushing, "But we're missing something! Zane~Kun, where are your blankets?"

Zane pointed to a shopping bag in the corner of his room.

"I just bought some new ones, actually. They're right there."

"Ooh!" Kawaii~Chan squealed, grabbing the bag and ripping it open, revealing a thick fluffy black comforter that Kawaii~Chan immediately fell in love with. She held it up in front of her, taking it in, then she hugged it, fully enjoying being engulfed by the fabric.

"It's so soft!" She giggled excitedly, shoving the random stuff that was on his bed to the floor, tossing the blanket on top. Not waiting a moment, she jumped onto the bed and spread herself across the soft mattress. She took a moment to sigh and stretch herself out, as if she was trying to touch as much of the world as possible. Zane smiled watching her hair become disheveled, the rise and fall of her chest, and even the stretching and curling of her toes. She sighed, opening her eyes slightly, smiling as she saw Zane looking at her.

"Why aren't you enjoying this with me, Zane~Kun?"

"Aah, umm, i'm fine here, thanks!" He laughed nervously as he scratched the back of his neck.

"Sure..." Kawaii~Chan smiled, climbing off of the bed, laughing as she smoothed over the new blanket. The duo grabbed the pillows from the floor and tossed them on the bed, arranging them to be pleasing to the eye. After they thought they were done, Kawaii~Chan took a step back, her tail swaying as she circled the bed, almost as if stalking her prey. Then, she snapped, startling Zane.

"A throw blanket!"

"What?"

"Kawaii~Chan figured it out! You need a throw blanket, that will pull the entire room together! Do you have one?!"

"No, I didn't know I needed one, I guess. You should have come to Ikea with me, we could have planned this out together," He jokingly said.

"Kawaii~Chan should have! Invite Kawaii~Chan next time, we can make a day out of it!" Then she ran out of Zane's room, leaving him a fumbling mess.

"Garroth~Kun! Do you have a throw blanket?!" Zane, after shaking himself, ran after her.

"Kawaii~Chan, what are you doing?!" He ran into Garroth's room , which had boxes strewn everywhere. Garroth, of course, wasn't even working, instead he had set up only his computer, and was playing that one game about blocks. When he heard them come in, though, he took off his headphones.

"Hey Kawaii~Chan, what's up?" He asked, then he smirked. "Sick of my baby brother yet?" Kawaii~Chan smiled.

"Yup! Kawaii~Chan has come to hang out with you, Garroth~Kun!"

"WHAT" Zane yelled, causing the two to laugh.

"Kawaii~Chan is just kidding, Zane~Kun! Stop taking everything so seriously!" Kawaii~Chan laughed, nudging him in the arm, and Zane blushed, burying himself in his mask once again. Then, she continued.

"Garroth~Kun, do you have a throw blanket? Kawaii~Chan is helping Zane~kun decorate his room because he clearly has no sense of style,"

"HEY"

"And Kawaii~Chan really thinks a throw blanket will pull the whole room together!" Garroth laughed.

"Well, I think I have one that mom sent you can use, but you're going to need to look for it, I haven't really unpacked yet, heh," He scratched the back of his neck as he eyed the plethora of boxes strewn across his room.

"That's okay, Kawaii~Chan will help you too, Garroth~Kun!" With that, the meif"wa grabbed the nearest box to her and ripped it open, pulling out the first thing inside- a lamp. Without thinking (or even questioning why Garroth would pack a lamp inside of a box), she jumped up and set it on the nightstand. Then, she eyed the table for a moment, then turned and spotted a box labeled "miscellaneous" and opened it up. The first thing on the top was a plushie of Link from The Legend of Zelda, which she grabbed, as well as spotting and grabbing Garroth's alarm clock from the same box. She quickly placed them on the nightstand, next to the lamp in an aesthetically pleasing way. Then, she set right to digging through the boxes once again. Garroth got up, smiling and nudging Zane in the arm.

"You'd better snatch up that one, baby brother," he said under his breath, "And quick, too, or else I might just steal her myself, heh"

Zane, appalled, stomped down on his brother's foot- hard.

"OWWIE!" 

...