6: Killjoy

The night just seemed to keep dragging on, and the trio had all fallen asleep, tired from staying up so late. Aphmau had fallen asleep in her bed, of course, cuddling with her stuffed husky. Zane, though, wanted to be a jerk and took all of the sleeping bags and unzipped them, using them as blankets. So Kawaii~Chan was left to figure her own sleeping situation. She figured going to her room was out of the question- she got scared during thunderstorms... and she really didn't want to be alone. She also didn't want to climb in bed with Aphmau, due to the fact that she kicks in her sleep. So, that left the floor next to Zane. She had tried getting one of the blankets off of him, but he had wrapped himself into a cocoon and taking a blanket from him was next to impossible. She ended up falling asleep trying, and flopped down next to him.

...

Zane fluttered his eyes open drearily as he woke up from a heavy slumber, simply to squeeze them tight moments later, when he got a glimpse of the sun.

"Irene, I hate mornings," Zane thought, as he adjusted himself slightly. His back hurt like hell and as he became a bit more aware as he woke, realizing he was on the floor. Why was he on the floor?! He opened my eyes and saw a TON of pink. "That's cool, I guess," He thought. "Pink's my favorite color, after all, though I don't tell anyone." He shut his eyes again. "It was a nice pink, too," He thought, "like the color of Pinkie Cake. Though there was some hints of lighter pink, like the color of Kawaii~Chan's hair. That's a nice pink." Zane, in his delirium, felt a tickle under his nose, and went to scratch it when he felt something. Something... Soft? And then heard a tiny moan.

Zane tensed, frozen in place. His eyes shot immediately open as he tried to identify the foreign sound. He felt something press into him and... It started purring. Zane looked down. There, lying on top of the poor boy was Kawaii~Chan. She was resting on top of the heavy sleeping bags that engulfed him, though she had wriggled her way slightly into one. They really weren't touching, being separated by the blankets, but nothing Zane had ever experienced before had felt this intimate. She was laying on top of him, her foot resting along his inner calf, and her hand was pressed against his chest.

Zane's hand, though, rested on top of her head, almost petting the area right next to her fuzzy kitten ears. He didn't dare move- too risky. "Wait, how did she even get on top of me in the first place?" Zane thought. "Did she just accidentally climb on me in her sleep? What if she deliberately climbed on top of me? What if she wakes up? What is she gonna say?" His brain was running a mile a minute, so fast that he was hardly processing his own questions. Then, he heard footsteps, and was thrown into utter panic.

"Hey Zane! You're awake!" Aphmau called and hopped over to be standing above the flustered boy. She slyly smiled when she saw Kawaii~Chan. "What's going on here~?" She smiled. She was smug.  Zane didn't like it.

"GET THIS THING OFF OF ME." Zane spoke through gritted teeth while Aphmau laughed. He didn't understand. What was so funny about this? Then he heard a groan.

Kawaii~chan shifted a bit, then sat up and yawned. Her hair was a mess and her eyes were closed, so she didn't even realize how she had fallen asleep. Zane scrunched himself into a ball and threw the blankets away from him, wanting to get as far away from Kawaii~Chan as possible, though it backfired. A sleeping bag flew directly at her face, causing her to immediately perk up.

"Owwie!" The girl threw the fabric beside her as she tried to figure out who she was and what year it was, or at least that's probably how she felt after waking up like that.

"Kawaii~Chan, are you okay? The zipper hit you in the face!"

"Aphmau~Senpai?" She blinked and brushed her hair out of her eyes. She looked around, clearly confused as to why she was sleeping on the floor... And as to why Zane was curled up in a ball on the opposite end of the room. She stared at him and blinked, correction, we stared at each other for a moment, until I turned my head and looked at the floor. Avoid eye contact, I thought to myself. Don't make things awkward.

"What's wrong with Zane~Kun...?" She spoke softly, almost in a whisper but I could tell it was directed towards Aphmau.

"Kawaii~Chan, why don't we talk in your room?" Aphmau said, and I heard her help Kawaii~Chan up. As they walked past me, I looked up. Kawaii~Chan was holding onto Aphmau's arm as she guided her out the door. Kawaii~chan was staring at me, dazed. I looked away. When they were out the door, I sighed in relief. It was way too awkward for me to handle. I shifted and looked at the pile of blankets, blushing. Then, I heard Kawaii~Chan's voice from the hallway.

"OH MY IRENE! LOOK AT DOWNSTAIRS!" I jumped up and ran into the hallway to see Aphmau and Kawaii~Chan standing at the top of the staircase. Aphmau laughed nervously.

"Yeah, I was going to tell you..."

I looked down from the ledge and gasped. The entire place was in ruins, and a sopping wet mess. The sofa was on it's back, the hardwood floors were bent from all the water, and there was no way that the TV could have even had a chance. Zane gaped.

"What the heck is Katelyn going to say about this"

...