Chapter 2

Sarah's POV

I wanna swing from the chandelier.
From the chandelier
Oh I wanna swing from the chandelier.

Arianna sang along to radio at the top of her lungs and let me tell you she doesn't have the best singing skills. Her singing skills were so bad she sounded like a walrus giving birth. The people who drove past us gave her weird looks.
           "Arianna pipe down people are staring" I hissed at her. "I don't care. They're just jealous of my amazing skills" she responded haughtily while flipping her hair. God help this girl I thought to myself.
         We stopped at our favorite diner, Suzy's. We hopped out the car and walked in. I inhaled the savoury smell of coffee and cinnamon. We sat down on a booth near the window. The warmth inside the diner shielded us from the chilly September atmosphere. The diner wasn't crowded. It had few persons who were either reading or eating.
           My thoughts were interrupted as our waitress came. "What can I get you gals today" Suzy spoke in southern accent and flashed us a warm smile. " We'll have our usual eggs Benedict" I responded. "Coming right up" she replied cheekily and walked away.
          "So what did your parents get you? " questioned Arianna. "I don't know. I didn't open the gift as yet" I responded dryly as I played with my fingers. "Let me guess,  they were gone before you woke up" she asked knowingly. I nodded my head yes.
          No sooner Suzy came with our order. "Here ya go kiddos. Oh and happy birthday Sarah" she smiled and strutted away. We quickly ate our food, paid for it and left. We got in the car and drove to the mall. Our first shop was forever 21.
            After about 3 hours of searching and searching I found nothing that was in my liking. We went to various stores but I still hadn't found a dress that I liked. Arianna had already found hers. It was a black, plain, boat neck, cut out and sleeveless mini dress.
          "What about this one?" questioned Arianna while holding up a pink halter dress "that's too slutty" I said distastefully. "You said that about every dress" she said exasperatedly. "That's because they all are. This is a sign you know,  I should stay home tonight" I responded. "Not happening" she said firmly. I frowned at that. "Aha! " she exclaimed. "Try this one" she squealed.
            I looked down at the dress. It was a beautiful dress. She hurriedly shoved me into the changing room. I held up the dress, it was a navy blue, backless, bandage, body con mini dress. I quickly slipped off my clothes and put on the dress. For once I'll admit,  I looked beautiful. It hugged all my curves and it showed a little too much of my cleavage. I opened the door and stepped out. When Arianna saw me she gasped. "Damn girl you look smoking hot" she hollered. "I'd totally bang you if I was a guy" she whooped and winked at me. I laughed at her "okay so let's pay for this and then we're off to lunch" she squealed. I walked back in the changing room and changed back into my clothes.
          We headed to the cashier where Ari insisted on paying for it. "That'll be $350" said the cashier in a monotone voice. Ari paid the money and we left the store. "Where to? McDonald's or Burger King?" I questioned eagerly. "McDonald's" she responded. We ordered our food and sat down. I ordered a Big Mac with a large fries and a Coke and Ari ordered chicken nuggets with an extra large fries and a Dr pepper. We ate our food and then left the mall.

VOTE COMMENT SHARE