Chapter Two

Midorima Shintarou; the man she's in love with.

Her romantic feelings for him started back in middle school when she first experienced life outside of her study room. A huge chunk of her early childhood days was spent with Akira-sensei who taught her complicated subjects that children her age probably didn't even need to know.

Akashi was home-schooled as well. Sometimes, Sayuri would ditch her tutor and go to Akashi's house in a sly attempt to challenge him to a game of Shogi.

They were only allowed to go to a proper school when they started middle school. Sayuri remembered being absolutely clueless about what she was supposed to do in class and spent most of her time hiding behind Akashi as they walked down the corridors. She was very anti-social back then, with Akashi being the only person she knew from the whole school.

But that changed when she was greeted for the first time by a certain green-haired boy. The same boy who happened to be the Vice President of Teiko's basketball team (Akashi was their Captain of course).

She would purposely stay behind in the gymnasium to watch the basketball team's practices every day just to get a glimpse of Midorima. And when the other members noticed her frequent visits, she would give the same excuse every time;

"I'm waiting for Seijuro to finish, I kind of need him to get home."

Despite her lame excuse, the members would buy her bluff anyways.

They were aware that Akashi and her were close friends so they found the excuse rather convincing.

Ever since that day, she would always try her best to talk to Midorima. Small talk wasn't her forte, but she made sure to think of topics she could bring up to him ahead of time.

Sayuri was delighted when she found out that Midorima's family company formed a partnership with her family's company, and of course the Akashi's too since the Hamasaki's and Akashi's
own a single company.

Because of the Midorima's partnership with their family, Sayuri gets a chance to see him at business parties. You can say it was the one thing she loved about being a Hamasaki.

After a couple of minutes just lounging around in bed, one of her housemaids gently knocked
on her door, informing her that her father has returned home.

Sayuri lazily gets up from her bed and trudged down the stairs.

"Okaerinasai, Otou-sama," she said and gave her father a quick peck on the cheek.

"Good evening my princess," he responded with a sweet smile.

"Where's Okaa-sama?" She asked.

"Ah, right. Apparently, she went to visit your aunt to invite her to the party," he stated while he took off his coat and handed it to one of the maids. He walked to his office and Sayuri hurriedly
followed him.

"The party? I haven't heard of such," she replied, becoming increasingly more curious over the matter.

"Well, Akashi-san and I decided to arrange a party to celebrate the opening of the business' new branch," he trailed off.

Sayuri's smile widens and she answered, "Is that so? I'll pick out my dress then!"

Her father smiled and nodded. "Do I need to call Rina-san to help you pick it out?" he asked.

"No need. I can handle it myself," she replied, giving him a reassuring smile.

Another party? Today's my lucky day.

She blushed when the thought of seeing Midorima crossed her mind. This feeling was oh-so-familiar, yet it never failed to get her heart racing.

As she entered back into her room, she caught herself grinning like a mad lad in front of her mirror.

Calm down, calm down, calm down.

It was extremely difficult to hold herself back from jumping up and down in delight.

Sayuri flung herself to her bed as a myriad of thoughts swarmed her mind.

"What am I going to wear?", "I need to go shopping", "What hairstyle should I ask Rina-chan to do on me?", "What kind of make-up should I wear?"

She ruffled her hair in excitement and stared at her lace lined ceiling.

I'm going to see him again; she thought, the familiar butterflies suddenly erupting inside her stomach.

It's actually been a while since she'd last seen him. When they transferred to high school, she begged her parents to let her study at Shutoku but since Seijuro was set to study at Rakuzan, they expected her to study there as well.

They made it quite clear that they would feel more at ease knowing Akashi would be there to look out for her.

She clenched her fist.

Tsk, is he my babysitter? She thought. 

Akashi had been a good friend but she never decided to rely on him for the rest of her life. She knew she had to prove her independence at some point but for now, she allowed her mind to wander to things that mattered. She was seeing Midorima and she was determined to have no regrets. 

Feeling a day's worth of tiredness graze through her, she brushed the thought off and drifted to sleep with a slight grin on her face.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I apologize for the short chapter!

I just really don't have time to write that much since I'm currently having my exams.

So pleaseeee bear with me :)