Chapter Twenty Seven

Akashi's POV

"Where the hell is she?!" he spat, grabbing Aomine's collar in undeniable rage.

"Calm down, Akashi. We won't find her if you don't use your brain," Aomine said as he holds onto the redhead's deadly grip.

Akashi could practically feel himself slipping further into his anger as a million different thoughts ran through his mind.

He warned her, and yet...

The moment he received the text from her saying she'd be heading to the game anyway, he almost completely lost his mind.

He rushed to the venue as fast as he could and realized it was far too late when the audience erupted in hushed discussions about Fukuda Sōgō's missing ace.

"Did he leave his team to play against Kaijo? Wahh, he's insane,"

Akashi's vision turned crimson red and he immediately looked for Momoi, silently praying that the blonde was just with her all along.

"I'll kill you," he said, his baseless threat making the pink-haired girl shiver in fear.

"I-I'm really sorry, Akashi-kun. Aomine-kun called for me suddenly and I had no choice but to leave her. B-But I swear, I didn't think she would get lost!" she explained frantically.

The tanned male clicked his tongue and gestured her to stand behind him and away from the emperor's lethal gaze.

"Akashi, you need to calm down. Shogo's a dick but he won't do anything illegal. Plus, he's risking his title as an athlete. I think we need to-"

"Daiki," he seethed, making the male flinch. "You saw what he did to Himuro Tatsuya, and you still think he can't hurt a helpless girl?" he said, referring to the incident that broke out just a few days ago.

Haizaki Shogo was a dangerous and violent man. He joined the Teiko Basketball team in middle school and earned himself the right to play for the first string.

However, during their second year, Akashi forced him to quit the team, deeming him too turbulent and too unstable for his own good.

Of course, Shogo didn't take the order lightly and it wasn't until Akashi heard of his fist fight with Himuro Tatsuya that he remembered the words he said to Akashi that day.

"I'll crush you. I'll crush your team. I'll crush everyone you love until you bow your head in front of me. Believe me Akashi Seijuro, I'll ruin your life."

"We'll find her Akashi. But first, you really need to calm down."

* * *

It's been almost an hour since Sayuri went missing and the whole of Seirin plus Rina got involved in the search.

The skies were dark and the bulk of the crowd was mostly inside the stadium, preoccupied with the match between Kaijo and Fukuda Sōgō.

Akashi wanted so badly to call the authorities and her parents for help, but Rina knocked some sense into him, reminding the boy that Shogo was in fact, still a high school student, and that meant any reports made on minors will require more paperwork and less of the actual searching.

Akashi never felt this emotion before. His condescending attitude and the immense trust he puts on himself makes it very difficult to even feel worried about others. But this was never the case for Sayuri.

She was the one person Akashi could never afford to lose. Take everything away from him; his parents, his intelligence, his emperor eye, his basketball - he didn't care. All he wanted at that moment was to have Sayuri back to him, safe and sound.