Chapter Thirty

"Sei-kun~ Oi, Sei-kun," she chirped. She nudged at the redhead as they walked through his mansion's basement, looking for his new basketball.

Oh, he was definitely ignoring her.

She wasn't going to lie, she did feel slightly guilty about teasing him last night, and that was the main reason why she decided to bother him on a weekend.

Though, was getting a tad bit irritated at his coldness considering he literally hasn't uttered a word the whole morning.

"Oi! Akashi Seijuro," she yelled, successfully catching the redhead's attention.

He turned his head ever so slightly and glared at her with his ice-cold eyes.

"What?"

"Don't 'what' me! Can you stop pretending like I'm not here?" she scoffed and turned away from the boy, stomping up the stairs in annoyance.

"Where the hell are you going?"

She smirked. She had him wrapped around her finger.

Sayuri glared at him from the corner of her eyes and continued on her way up. As she expected, the boy followed her hurriedly, probably afraid she'd actually leave.

"Okay, fine whatever, I'm talking to you now, aren't I?" he said, silently relieved that she stopped in her tracks.

She was still facing away from him, trying her hardest to suppress her laugher. She cleared her throat and turned to him slowly.

"Okay, jealous boy," she smirked.

His eyes widened in embarrassment and she could've sworn she saw some pink in his cheeks. He looked like he was trying to regain his composure, causing her to let out a laugh.

"I told you I wasn't jealous," he deadpanned, bumping her shoulder lightly as he walked past her. 

"Then what was that whole 'you'd rather spend time with him than me' thing?" she teased. She caught up to the redhead and clung to his arm. He felt like he tensed up a little bit before staring down at her with furrowed brows. 

"I'm just saying, you could've waited for me to finish practice, and yet you chose to hang out with him," he sulked. As they walked towards his basketball court, they noticed the housemaids gush at the young couples close proximity. This made Sayuri feel conscious and she suddenly let go of his arm.

He shot his eyes at her, admittedly unhappy that he no longer felt her warmth. 

"B-But whatever, not a big deal," he stammered, placing his towel on the bench as he started to dribble his basketball.

Sayuri burst into laughter, "Oh my god, did you just stutter? Did the Akashi Seijuro just stutter?" she teased, earning herself a glare from the boy. 

"Urusei na," he spilled, as he took flung the ball towards the net. 

Teasing Akashi first thing in the morning was probably better than having freshly-made blueberry pancakes. Witty remarks flew back and forth, and at some point, he even stopped playing just to prove a point. In the end, Akashi let out a deep sigh and decided to admit defeat. 

After a full morning of constant bickering, Sayuri decided to drag the redhead out of his house after receiving an invitation from Rina to grab lunch with her and Kuroko. 

"Pleaseee~" she pleaded, pushing the boy towards his closet in an attempt to force him to get ready.

"No, I need to practice today. Plus, why the hell would I wanna see Kuroko before our match?" he refused, pushing her out of his room lightly.