Chapter Twenty One

She really thought the gods would grant her a good day.

There were no major problems with the festival, she got to meet her old friends, and she genuinely felt happiness, having been faced with problems for the last few weeks.

Until he showed up.

She didn't know what they were doing strolling around the courtyard, and she lost count of the number of times she cursed herself in her head.

She really should have left with Satsuki and Aomine when she had a chance, but Midorima's gravity was too strong.

She had so many questions to ask. So many things she wanted to tell him, but what she wanted the most was to be as far away from him as possible.

She cleared her throat, the awkwardness making it progressively hard to breathe.

He stopped walking and turned to face her. They were standing in a small alley between the buildings that led to the football field.

Before he could say anything, she purposely cut him off, "Is it fun?" she started, feeling her anger increase gradually.

"Is it fun to tell random people that you rejected me?" she continued.

She look a few steps closer to him, in an attempt to make sure he was hearing her clearly.

"It's one thing that you lied about not knowing my feelings for you, but this? Seriously?" she scoffed. She was definitely agitated now. The way he stood so nonchalantly with his hands in his pocket pissed the heck out of her.

He stared at her with dull eyes. Akashi usually sports the same eyes, but something about Midorima's was a hundred times more terrifying.

"Why aren't you talking?!" she cried out loud, moving closer towards him.

He did that thing with his glasses again, and it annoyed every last cell in her body.

He snickered. "I came here to tell you that you've got it all wrong."

She narrowed her eyes at him, not believing any word he was saying.

"What I said that day, I meant it. Your feelings for me will only get in the way of you and Akashi," he began.

She clenched her fist.

"But the other thing - I never told anyone about turning you down," he said, his voice echoing within the walls.

"Liar," she blurted. All of her emotions came crashing down like an avalanche. How could he bluntly lie to her like that? If he didn't tell her, how would that girl have known? That day, Midorima whispered his rejected into her ear, so saying that he didn't do it made it even easier for her to hate him.

He sighed. "If you don't believe me then fine, I don't feel the need to convince you anyways."

"I came here to say one thing , and one thing only. You and me were never a possibility, and you made the biggest mistake in your life when you decided to love me," he chuckled, "What a shame that you wasted your time only to be engaged to him."

Her eyes widened in shock.

She couldn't believe he had the audacity to undermine her feelings like that. It was her feelings, and whether or not she chose to love him was none of his business.

But maybe he was right. In hindsight, maybe it was the biggest mistake she's ever made in her life.

"I don't ever wanna see you again!" she screamed in rage, pounding at his chest with her fists.