Chapter Three

"Sayu-chan~" a cheerful voice called out.

The petite brunette came rushing to her with her arms wide open. She attacked the said girl with a hug, almost making her tumble forward.

She had abnormally huge golden eyes, resembling those of a puppy's and a toothy smile that curves up on both ends of her lips.

Sayuri was caught by surprise by the girl's sudden attack but eventually returned the warm smile.

"Ohaiyo, Rina-chan" she greeted while ruffling the brunette's silky hair. Rina pouted but immediately went back to her usual smiling face.

Tachibana Rina was her only girl best friend (or friend for that matter). They've known each other ever since the second half of middle school when the over-enthusiastic girl first approached her with homemade chocolates on Valentine's Day.

The girl's bubbly nature instantly resonated with Sayuri, and since then, Sayuri noticed her undying love for fashion and hairstyling.

At that time, Sayuri's mother was conveniently on the lookout for a new stylist to hire for her, and without hesitation, Sayuri recommended Rina. Thankfully, her parents were very impressed after seeing her well-thought-out outfits and intricate hairstyles, convincing them effortlessly that she would be the perfect person for the job.

"Sayu-chan, I heard that your father arranged a party again. Your mom told me about it and ask me to help you pick up a dress after school."

"Oh really?" she began, "Well, alrighty then."

Rina looked at her curiously. Observing her face as if expecting her to react to 'something'.

She cleared her throat.

"Soooo? Are you excited?" she asked excitedly.

Rina was the second person after Akashi to know about her crush on Midorima, and initially, Sayuri almost regretted telling her. Rina tends to have a big mouth.Thankfully though, everything worked out just fine in the end.

Sayuri nervously looked at her petite friend while fidgeting with her fingers, a habit she formed to silence her thoughts.

"W-Well, I guess you could say I'm excited?" she replied while trying to hide the noticeable blush that she didn't even realize appear on her cheeks.

Rina chuckled teasingly and nudged Sayuri while wiggling her eyebrows.

"Aww, come on Sayu-chan, I know you're excited to see Midorima-kun~" she said while skipping happily. She stopped to turn around when she heard Sayuri's nervous laugh.

She didn't want to keep her feelings cramped up inside of her anymore. She ended up giving in.

She squealed—loud enough for a few students to look at her with judgement written in their faces.

She immediately covered her mouth realizing the commotion she created.

She was about to catch up to Rina when she saw a certain redhead walking towards the gymnasium with a basketball under his arm.

She smiled and happily ran behind him, putting him in a sloppy headlock.

"Sei-kun, Sei-kun!" she exclaimed, purposely using his nickname to give him a hint of what was to come.

The heterochromatic-eyed boy looked at her emotionlessly as if trying to read her mind.

He let out a deep sigh.

Before she could speak, she was cut off by him saying;

"If you're going to rant about Shintarou, you better shut up because I'm not listening," he replied coldly.

She crossed her arms and pouted, nudging his shoulder with enough force to make him glare at her.

"That's rude Seijuro! At least let me finish!" she exclaimed while messing up his fierce red locks aggressively.

She got a scowl from him and he harshly removed her hands from his hair. He patted his head down and began to bounce the basketball on the asphalt flooring.

"You're going to the party right?" she asked as she playfully placed her arms around his neck.

He looked at her weirdly as if saying, "When did you ever see me ditch a party before?"

"Okay great. Well," she dragged on, trying to read his expression.

He glanced at her from the corner of his eye and sighed, "Just spill it."

His straightforwardness caused her to chuckle and she lifted her arms in defeat, "Okay, okay" she started, linking her arms with his as she skipped with him toward the gym.

"Can you help me get alone time with Midorima-kun? Please, pleaaaase," she begged, blinking her eyes rapidly to get her point across. "Basically, could you like, not steal him from me? You can do that right? Right?" she persistent, leaning closer towards him.

Upon hearing her words, Akashi stopped in his tracks, causing her to mirror his actions. "And if I don't want to?" he said bluntly.

She let out an exaggerated gasp and pulled away from him, "You wouldn't dare..." she squinted. "Are you gonna act like a clingy girlfriend around Midorima-kun again? Do you miss him that much?" she teased. Akashi, looking very appalled by her words threw the ball at her without warning. Luckily, she could react fast enough to catch it in between her hands.

"What the hell are you talking about? I'm not excited to see him and I don't have a big enough reason to want to help you out," he deadpanned.

If she didn't know better, his words would have stung quite a bit. But Sayuri knew him well enough to be immune to his harsh words. She wasn't the least bit intimidated and decided to laugh it off.

"Hai, hai~" she replied as she watched him walk towards the gymnasium entrance. She waved goodbye at him while he simply shrugged her off.

She smiled to herself happily.

I can't wait for tomorrow.