Chapter Twenty Three

Another week of school festival madness went by in a flash. 

They were nearing the end of it and she had to be honest, she really, really needed a break. 

She huffed an exhausted breath as she exited the classroom, relieved that it was finally the end of the day. 

She had a bunch of heavy books on her hand so she decided to head to the lockers to drop some of. To her surprise, she spotted a familiar brunette clumsily stuffing nick nacks, books, and even clothes inside her locker. She used her shoulder to force the contents inside, but to no avail, the pile just came crashing to the ground.

Sayuri let out a sigh and rushed to her best friend. She dropped her books hastily into her locker before helping the pig-tailed girl with her mess.

"Mou, Rina-chan, how many times do I have to tell you to at least drop your unnecessary things at home? Y'know the locker can only hold so much, right?" she lecture, earning herself a pout from the girl. 

Sayuri was about to pick up a lavender colored journal when a loose piece of polaroid paper escaped from the book. 

She quickly grabbed the polaroid picture from the ground. It fell back-side up so she flipped the picture around.

Her eyes widened, but before she could react, the brunette noticed and hastily grabbed the picture from her in a panic. 

She looked up at Rina, her mouth practically agape. The brunette now had a soft blush on her cheeks, her fingers fiddling with each other in bashfulness.

It was a fleeting glance, but she was sure she caught a glimpse of a familiar head of sky-blue hair, arms wrapped tightly around the brunette's smaller frame.

She let out a small squeal, grabbing the attention of the girl in front of her. 

A panicked expression appeared on her face. "D-Did you see...?" she asked meekly.

A teasing smirk appeared on Sayuri's lips as she wiggled her eyebrows at the girl.

"I sure did," she answered, nudging the girl playfully. "Baka, why didn't you tell me!?" she lectured. It was actually very unusual for Rina to hide anything from her, especially when it came to her love life. 

But something told her that they must have been a good reason for her hide it.

"I-I swear I was gonna tell you!" she started, flustered and red from having her secret revealed.

Sayuri laughed. "I know," she patted the brunette's hair lightly. "I'm not mad. You don't have to tell me now,"

Rina nodded her head quickly, making the blonde laugh even more. 

"Wait," she started. Rina looked at her and gulped. 

"Tetsuya-kun lives in Tokyo, how the hell did you guys even meet?"

The girl blushed at the mentioned of his name, "D-During Inter High, when they played against Shutoku," she stuttered.

Sayuri muttered a long 'oh' and teasingly poked the girl's shoulder. The brunette could only try to push her away, giggling slightly at the girl's joking remarks. 

"I need to know every.single.detail. Okay?" she stressed, the shorter girl sighing in defeat before nodding in response. 

They parted ways shortly, after Sayuri finished helping her arrange the things inside the locker. 

"See you tomorrow, Sayu-chan!" the girl called out, heading to her part time job.

Sayuri had a few student council work to do before going home, but decided to head towards the nearest vending machine to grab a drink along the way.