Chapter 4

I cut the engine, latching my key to the holster that held my gun. My two most important weaponry.

I stood up, leaning my bike gently against it's kick stand, and shuffling my way up to where Silver parked.

I looked up towards the building we followed them to. It was run down, but not opposed to any other building you'd find still standing out her.

I'm guessing that its supposed to be an old mid 50's styled Diner. Te logo has been missing a few letters, leaving it to say "Die."

I smirked up at the sign, wondering if they had intentionally took down the letters to make it look like that.

"This is the good ol' HQ." Ghoul said, gesturing up towards the building.

We followed them inside, the interior appeared just as I had expected.

Multiple booths lined the walls, with the overly stereotypical black and white checkered design rimming the perimeter.

Towards the back was an outstretched bar, with the associated metal bar stools, red leather covers over the seats. The covers were raggedy and torn, dramatizing the old feel of the place.

A dark hallway led to another part of the building, which I guess we would see later on.

I gently ran my fingers across the furniture, tracing rigid lines through the thin layer of dust, which seemed to permanently hang in the air.

"Yeah, this place is due for a thorough clean." Party spoke from beside me.

Jet had headed towards the back of the bar, taking out 6 cans of PowerPup.

"Come eat." Jet announced, but I stood my ground at the entrance, Silver stood directly beside me, shifting uncomfortable.

Party peered back towards us from the stool he sat at. "Are you coming?"

I gave Silver a quizzical glance through my helmet. "How do we know we can even trust you guys?" I asked worriedly.

The group gave each other a weary look.

"We just met you guys. What if you're undercover?" Silver added.

"Well," Party piped in, "if we were undercover, I would've shot you by now." Party spoke openly, opening his can of PowerPup.

I gave Silver another undefined look. I slowly made my way over to the bar, sitting at the empty stool beside Party, Silver sitting at my other side.

I could feel Party and the rest of the team's eyes on me as I took my helmet off, my long hair flowing like a violet waterfall down my back. I shook it out, letting the bits of sand fall freely to the floor.

I set my helmet down on top of the counter, as Silver slipped hers off of her own face. I was extremely self conscious exposing mine and Silvers identities this way.

I felt the heat rise to my cheeks as Ghoul let out a low whistle, one probably not meant to be heard.

I gently opened my can of PowerPup, grabbing the plastic spoon provided to me, and scooped out a spoonful.

I commensed to eat the hideous substance, forgetting how long it had actually been since I've last eaten. I can't imagine how hungry my poor sister must've been.

Soon enough, I finished the can, leaving the spoon inside. I looked up, to see all of them had just been finishing up.

"Thank you." I said towards Jet, who sat on a stool on the opposite side of the bar.

He nodded at me, continuing to mow down his food.

I sighed, running my fingers through my hair. I stood up, throwing my can away into the nearest trashcan.