Chapter 8

I twisted around on my bar stool, swinging my legs back in forth in boredom.

Silver sat next to me, spinning around in her own stool. Jet was behind the counter, messing with the thermostat that had supposedly been broken for years.

Party sat on top of the counter, dangling his legs off the edge, dragging on a lit cigerette.

Ghoul was joining Party, also smoking a cigerette. And Kobra, was sat over at a nearby booth, finishing up on some touches he was making on the radio, which was set on the only working station out here.

"Evenin' tumbleweeds. Desert sunset lookin' mighty shiny. Dr.Death here, pumpin' out your slaughtermatic sounds to keep you 'live. Here's Sharpest Lives."

The song began to play, starting off with a great tune, then the words filled the melody.

Ghoul's face was suddenly taken over by his huge smile. "I used to love this song!" He exclaimed.

He began mouthing to the words, making everyone else laugh. He hopped off the counter, dancing around to the beat.

The song soon ended, to be replaced with a new one, which I assumed was called Na Na Na.

Fun Ghoul jumped up and down in excitement. "This song is cool too!" He yelled.

Silver jumped off of her stool, rushing over to Ghoul. She began to dance along, a gigantic smile plastured on her face.

Kobra kid turned to look at them, a crooked smile nudging at the corners of his lips, as he crossed his arms over his chest.

Silver danced over to him, gesturing for him to join, but he shook his head as he waved her off.

She just rolled her eyes, before smiling even more, and grabbing his hand.

She pulled him up, dragging him over to where they were dancing.

Fun Ghoul laughed, as he encouraged Kobra to dance. Party suddenly got up, rushing over to the dance floor.

He ushered for me to join. I rolled my eyes, but I obliged.

Smiles formed on everyones faces, as we all danced together. Party grabbed my hand, spinning me around. I began to laugh uncontrollably as we danced.

I looked over the corner, to see Jet shaking his head at us, but wearing a huge grin.

Soon the song ended, allowing everyone to stop dancing.

"That was fun." Silver said, laughing. Kobra walked over, turning off the radio.

Jet stretched, before saying, "I don't know about you guys, but I'm ready to crash."

He waved goodnight, as he went off towards his room. Everyone soon followed.

I sighed, before climbing into my booth. I took off my jacket, using it as my pillow. I soon closed my eyes, but a voice suddenly appeared.

"You know you don't have to sleep there right?"

I looked up, to see Party standing at my feet. "What?" I asked.

He smirked. "I mean, you can always come sleep in a bed."

I sat up, curling up into sitting position. "That would be amazing." I pleaded.

"I offered for your sister a place to sleep, but we actually don't have any extra beds. So shes sharing with Kobra, how about you come share with me?"

A bed would be a great comparison, to the small booth seat I've been sleeping on for the past few weeks.

I nodded. I grabbed my jacket, before he grabbed my hand.

He led me down the vacant hallway, down to the room to the farthest left.

He opened the door, letting go of my hand. "I know it's not much, but it's the best I can offer."

The room was fairly small, with a wooden desk in the corner. A metal bed, with a worn mattress filled the rest of the space.

"No it's okay. It looks roomy." He let out a short chuckle, as he led me over to the bed. I sat down, sinking into the mattress.

Party climbed onto the edge to the wall, laying down with his back to it. He patted the space next to him, and I gladly took it.

I left my jacket on the floor, laying down next to Party. The space next to him was extremely small, leaving me basically hanging off the edge.

"Do I have room to scoot back?" I asked.

"Yeah go ahead." He volunteered. Heat rose to my cheeks, as he gripped my waist, bringing me closer to him.

I molded to Party's form, his warmth radiating onto my back. I sighed, as I relaxed against him.

"Goodnight Nebula." He mumbled.

I hummed a goodnight in return, as my eyelids drifted shut.