Chapter 16

I tumbled into the open room, my eyes widened.

Color radiated out from the cloud of black and white, that seemed to always cling to the air of this broken city.

My body collapsed to the ground. I sat on my knees, gaping at what was happening.

The Fabulous Four, stood in perfect stance formation, fighting off the huge swarm of dracs.

It was them, it was really them.

Korse's plan had worked...oh my God...

Korse suddenly entered the room, an evil smirk plastured on his face. No no no..

I gawked at him, as I watched him stalk through the fog of fighting dracs.

I tried to scream. Scream for Kobra, or Jet, just anybody willing to hear me.

I wanted them back. I want them back to me, back in the desert. Back to the way thing used to be...

But my voice wouldn't make a sound. All I could do, was whimper and cry. Thats all I've ever done.

I was useless, completely worthless.

Why did they even come here? They couldn't have not known that they were going to get in serious trouble, or even die in the process.

They didn't come here for me. They wouldn't have.

I watched in apprehension, as my thoughts suddenly became nonesense. The scene unfolding before my eyes.

I watched as Korse walked up to Party, grabbing him by the shoulder. Party flinched in pain, as he was thrown against the nearest wall.

His yellow gun fell from his hands, scidding across the sleek tile floor.

Korses face grew with a wicked smile, tilting his face to the side, as he stared down Party.

Party's face twisted in terror. Korse sneered, as he lifted his ray gun. He pointed it up under Party's chin, lifting his face up partly.

My chin trembled, as my eyes widened in complete and utter horror. "NOOOO!!!!" I suddenly screamed.

Just as I had screamed, Korse pulled his trigger. Party's eyes immedietely closed, his body collapsing limp to the ground.

"NO NO NOOO!!!!" I cried, my words shook with dread.

I fiercly kicked the drac grasping me. I lustered the miraculous strength, to free his grip.

I skid ungracefully on the floor, crawling over to his body. Korse now had his concentration elsewhere.

I could hear Kobra in the depths of my hearing, screaming for his fallen brother.

All noise was suddenly gone, as I trembled over Party's body.

My chin quivered, as my shaky hands lifted his head, setting it in my lap. His eyes remained closed, his lips permanently frowning.

His red hair spilled vibrant over my prestine white scrubs the industry provided me.

I shook my head in despair, tears glided down my cheeks.

"No Party, not you too. Please don't leave me.." I whimpered.

My hair fell down my face, brushing over his. My tears fell from my eyes, splashing down onto Pary's sun kissed cheeks.

Suddenly, I was ripped away from his side. I cried, as I reached out for him again.

I screamed and flailed, as I tried to free their grip. "Nebula we have to go!"

My heart stopped, as I twisted around. Jet Star stood in front of me, his loving eyes, now filled with terror, searched mine.

My mind swirled with so many thoughts. I softly nodded, as he nodded back in acceptance.

He swiftly grabbed my hand, pulling me quickly towards the large glass doors.

I looked over, to see Kobra lying limp on the tile floor. Oh God not him too..

I felt my heart beat sputter in my chest, as my breathing became weak and shallow.

I covered my mouth with my free hand, trying to steady my shaky breaths.

Fun Ghoul came up behind us, shooting down dracs that came our way.

We ran towards the doors, lazers barely missing us by mere centimeters.

Jet held my hand tightly, as we ran out the door. Dracs followed close behind, quickly catching up to us.

As soon as we got outside, the doors slammed shut behind us.

I searched for Ghoul. I stopped suddenly, as I twisted around. Ghoul pulled the doors shut from inside, keeping the dracs from harming us.

"Ghoul!!" I cried. I ran towards the doors, trying to get to him before the dracs did.

Arms suddenly wrapped around my waist, holding me back from the doors. Everything moved in slow motion, as a drac came up behind Ghoul, shooting him in the back of the head.

I was quickly pulled away, as Jet pushed me away from the doors, saving me from the dracs.

The glass doors flew open, dracs flooding outside.

We ran away, towards the desert. A multi-color themed van, a black widow spider on the trunk, pulled up beside the trans-am.

Just as me and Jet were about to make it, they grabbed hold of Jet.

Show Pony lept out of the van, running towards me. He grabbed me by my waist, pulling ke towards the van.

I screamed for Jet, but he had turned away, trying to fire at the dracs.

They got him in the chest.

He flew backwards, collapsing onto the hood of the trans-am. "NO JET!!" I yelped.

The crew quickly pulled me into the van, slamming the door, as we sped away from BL/ind.