None Of Your Business

Nyx was back at the institute with her sister and the other three shadowhunters. Nyx was bored, just wanting to grab some weapons and rescue Simon so she could get the hell out of there since her phone won't stop silently vibrating, meaning that she was needed elsewhere, specifically the Elite team.

" I still don't understand how Shadowhunters can be greater than what you people call mundanes, " Clary says.

" Because we protect humans, " Isabelle states.

" Well you amazingly failed, " Nyx grumbled under her breath, ignoring Alec's glare since he heard her as Clary blabbered on about how Isabelle left Simon all alone in the van when she most likely left only because she heard a sound and went to investigate it.

[][][][][]

" They're at the Hotel DuMort down in Ganzvore Street, " Nyx heard Isabelle say, bringing her attention away from the dagger resting loosly in her hand that given to her by her mom before she was kidnapped.

" And we're waiting here? Why? We have to go there! Come on, let's go now! " Clary argues.

" We need a Clave resolution for that, " Alec flatly points out.

" The five of us can't declare war on the vamps by ourselves, " Isabelle agrees with her older brother.

" We can't react without considering our options, " Nyx cuts in, earning a glare from her younger sister, to which she received an eye roll. The other three blinked in surprise, probably realizing that Simon didn't mean as much to Nyx as he did to Clary.

" Downworlders are slaves to their impulses, we are not, " Alec continued.

" Alec, " Isabelle warns, a grin appearing on her face, " you can't stump on all downworlders."

" Oh that's right, Seelies have their charms, apparently, " Alec gave her a teasing smile. From what Nyx knew about Seelies, they were the fair folk; fairies, pixies, elves...

" Right, " Jace laughed.

" Seelies? " Clary asked, confused.

" Like fairies, " Nyx informed her, eyes stealing glances at her phone screen that was hidden below the table they were currently leaning on, seeing messages that said for her to meet their team at dawn for an urgent meeting. 

Jace further explained what Seelies were while Nyx didn't bother to pay attention until Clary spoke again but this time, more frustrated than ever.

" Okay, I can't listen to this. Simon's been kidnapped by vampires, I guess I'll just take care of this myself, " she began to walk away with a shrug of her shoulders.

" Clary get back here, you're not only gonna get yourself killed, but Simon too, " Nyx called out with boredom, making the younger red head halt and then march back here with a huff.