Remembering the pain

To Nyx's luck, all of her weapons were in prime condition. Of course they were useless against the downworlders, so while the others were busy with whatever Clary had to show them, Nyx took out her stele and began running her weapons up.

"Another score for Brooklyn," Simon grinned as Nyx entered the room once again, this time carrying a black duffel bag that held all her now runed weapons.

She dumped the bag on the floor, a thud emitting when the heavy weapons inside the bag hit the hard floor. The three people in the room shot her questioning glances, to which she rolled her eyes and instead, glanced at a box in Alec's hands. It had the initials J.C. on top. 

Nyx frowned, a tugging feeling at the back of her head that lead her believe that she knew what that box was. What the initials were. But nothing came up...not yet anyway.

A rustling sound was suddenly heard, causing the two trained people clad in solid black snap their heads up, body tensed in alert as their eyes surveyed their surroundings.

 "Stay here and don't move," Nyx ordered her sister and Simon, unzipping the bag and grabbing two guns and a backup dagger, choosing to not say anything at the surprised and shocked faces of her sister and Simon, remembering that she still had a lot to explain to Clary.

Nyx nodded her head at a rustling bush to Alec, him nodding back, indicating that he understood and heard the rustling too. He raised his bow and arrow a bit higher and stepped closer, aiming at whatever lurked in the green vegetation. Unfortunately, whatever it was had jumped out and ran off. Alec went after it but it had disappeared, much to his disappointment.

"Sh*t!" Nyx cursed when she caught sight of Clary and Simon being dragged off and shoved into a black car across the road. She ran after the car, hoping to stop it but kicked a rock out of frustration when it had disappeared from sight.

*****

"Where is she? Where's Clary?" Jace walked over to Alec, who had a look of guilt painted all over his face.

"She's gone," was his grim reply. Well, when he said it like that, he was implying that she died, not kidnapped, which didn't really help his situation with his parabatai who cared deeply for the younger redhead.

"What do you mean gone?" Isabelle asked her brother.

"She and Simon got arrested when Nyx and I were securing the fire escape. I got distracted," Alec explained slowly, looking away from the blonde shadowhunter's angry glare.

"The mundane was here?" Jace asked.

"Simon? He's gone too? Nyx nodded at Isabelle's question.

"It was an unmarked car. I don't know where they took her," Alec informed the two people he considered close family.

"What did you do, Alec? " Jace asked angrily through gritted teeth, stepping closer and closer to the eldest of Lightwood siblings.

"Hey, back off!" Nyx shoved Jace backwards, bringing surprised glances to both Lightwood's faces and Jace's as well, knowing that the eldest red head sibling was mostly the observer type and only spoke when needed to. "It wasn't his fault. Something was out there while we were at the loft, and I bet that it had something to do with my sister's kidnapping." Nyx told him, stepping back as both male shadowhunters were evading her personal bubble.

Jace and Alec proceeded to do their parabatai tracking, hoping to catch a glimpse of where Clary might be. What they didn't know, was that Nyx was doing something that probably would have saved a lot more time.

Cellphone GPS tracking.

"She's not showing up," Jace huffed in frustration, opening his eyes.