Gone Girl

"Where the hell have you been?" Alec demanded as he walked towards his younger sister, Isabelle, or as she goes by, Izzy. He was worried for her, but as she turned to look at him, there was no ounce of love or care on her face, at least, not at this time. She was upset and angry, and it was all directed at him. 

"Where I needed to be: away from you and your fiance," she told him, an uncaring look on her face, making sure to keep her voice clear of any emotion that might betray how angry she was feeling right now.

"Jace and Clary are on the run," he told her, intentionally leaving Nyx out of this. "I can't protect you if you don't tell me the truth."

"I don't need protecting," Izzy shook her head at him, narrowing her eyes at the thought of her brother thinking that she could not protect herself even if she was a highly skilled Shadowhunter who was more than capable. "Meliorn's alive, that's all that matters." She turned to leave, but stopped when Alec's hand grabbed her arm, halting her footsteps from going any further.

"Just- hey - just... tell me this, is there anyway that he would have seen anything incriminating?" Alec asked, gesturing to the male Shadowhunter talking to Lydia about the events that had gone down a while ago.

Isabelle shook her head, not knowing the answer. She, however, changed topics very quickly, not forgetting how he had left out some parts about Nyx, who she had not seen since the ambush with the Shadowhunters escorting Meliorn to the City of Bones.  She was worried for the older Fairchild, even if she knew that the redhead could certainly take care of herself. Izzy just had a feeling that something bad happened, and all those feelings pointed to the man in front of her. Her brother.

"What about Nyx? Is she on the run too?" Izzy asked, observing Alec's reaction. His head was turned to look at something to his side, but when he heard her question, his head snapped to her, and his skin paled a little, a lump growing in his throat that he found difficult to swallow. 

"I-I don't... I don't know," he lied, pretty unconvincingly. Izzy narrowed her eyes, sensing this sinking of feeling of dread growing in her stomach. Something had happened, and it all connected back to Alec.

"So we lie to each other now?" Izzy asked, not even bothering to hide how pissed off she was now. She nodded to herself, scoffing quietly before turning to leave, only pausing to throw a comment over her shoulder. "It's great to see how our relationship as brother and sister is falling apart ever since you found out that Mom and Dad were part of the Circle."

Before Alec could say anything to hopefully make things better, she walked off, her heels clicking loudly against the pristine white marble floor. The oldest Lightwood sighed and shook his head, closing his eyes for a brief second as he remembered what he had done to Nyx Fairchild. As he remembered the emotions he was feeling as he drove his dagger into her side, how he felt indifferent to her pain. As he remembered how unconcerned he was when he found her missing from her place on the ground, bleeding out, how he did not look for her after everything quieted down after the fight with Jace. 

Alec felt immensely guilty about what he did, and was concerned about the fact that Nyx had yet to show herself at all. He feared that something had happened to her, but he couldn't do anything here in the Institute because that may raise unnecessary questions and suspicion his family didn't need right now. Instead, he just sat back, unsure of anything anymore, and prayed to all the angels above that she was alright.

How wrong he was.

[][][][][]

Clary was setting down cutlery and plates when she jerked back and gasped, her eyes frantically searching her surroundings, taking everything in. She was in her body- her new body; her alternate dimension/timeline body. The TV was white noise to her as her breathing quickened, and as she saw the figure heading towards her, she quickly grabbed the knife beside the shiny plate, and held it in front of her defensively.