Micheal Wayland

"You don't belong here, Nyxie," Jona told the frozen red head girl in a low, condescending whisper. Nyx flinched at the sound of his voice, and at the name, finding it familiar, yet not knowing how or why, since she had never heard anyone call her that, except for the sinister blond in front of her. 

"You don't belong to these people you call your family," he continued, now circling her with a predatory gleam in his wicked demon eyes. "You belong with me, your real family- the only family who'll understand you."

"They're not family, only Clary and my mom, and I don't belong to anyone," Nyx told him with barely contained anger. She was confused, and she knew this was not real, but she did not know how to leave, to get back to her real family. 

"Clary, who hates you? Who fights you on everything? and your mom, who will barely look at you when... if she wakes up? She'll probably blame you for everything, I mean why wouldn't she? Simon's a vampire, Clary's in danger constantly... you do nothing but stir up trouble," Jona spoke, his voice as soft as velvet, yet as sharp as glass. 

Nyx was at a lost for words, for once. She did not know what to say, nor did she really want to. She did not want to justify her actions, for they were true. She did not want to believe it, but it was true. She may think Clary and her mom is her family, but it was not necessarily true they think the same way too. Looking at Jona now, he was really all the family she had left, apart from her father. 

"I'm the only one who'll understand you, who will know what you'll be going through when you wake up, who'll know what it feels like," Jona continued, a small smile stretching his colorless lips. His eyes spoke another story, which was why she believed his words. His eyes, although filled with darkness and held almost no emotion, spoke of pain and misery; he was in pain, he knew pain, the same pain Nyx had lived with the moment she woke up in the hospital with scars permanently etched into her back. 

"Where are you, Jona?" Nyx whispered, reaching out to hold her twin's hand. Her heart was pulsing with pain; she was miserable; she did not remember ever meeting him, but he was familiar to her, so familiar that she ached in this longing to be with him, as twins do. He had part of her soul after all. 

"We will reunite again, don't worry, sister," Jona added his last word hesitantly, having not used that word in over a decade. He was glad he could see her again, to see her familiar eyes, to see how much they were alike, regardless of where they were raised and who they were raised under. They both started off the same after all.

Brother, Nyx wanted to call him, when everything around her blurred into a painfully bright white, as if burning every impurity present around her. Including Jona. Including her. 

*****

Everything was raised to chaos around them, as Clary cried over her sister, as Luke was shouting at the girl he saw as his daughter, yelling at her to get back, as Simon kept mumbling about her heartbeat, as Micheal talked to his son to keep him awake. Everyone was so preoccupied with yelling at Nyx and telling her to come back, they didn't notice the twitch her fingers gave. 

Suddenly, Nyx lurched forward, breathing heavily and rapidly, coughing up so much black liquid, that one could have mistaken it as her blood. She was sweating, and ashy pale, and the black veins bulged around her forehead and neck as she tried to breathe. 

Everybody was silent then, not knowing what to do, or say. That is, until Jace gave a loud groan of pain, and collapsed. Nyx kept coughing up more black liquid, and seemed to be in a state where she did not respond to anyone or anything, only leaned her back against once of seats behind her, blinking slowly as if trying to keep herself awake. Clary, once she knew Nyx was alive and hanging on, rushed to Simon, wanting to help Jace.