The Love For My Children

Time felt like it was non-existent to Nyx. Minutes blurred to hours, and hours seemed to blur to days- weeks even. She didn't know if she was in Valentine's lair for a few hours, or a few days. What she did know, though, was the amount of times she was stabbed with a syringe. 52 times and counting. Each syringe was either a glowing, shimmering gold, a wine red, an ashy, off-white grey-silver, or a pitch black. Each had their own levels of excruciating pain, and each contained unfathomable, unethical side-effects.

"You...you are almost perfect," Valentine breathed out, watching his eldest daughter writhe in pain, arching her back and screwing her eyes shut as the veins on her neck and face darkened to a foggy black; effects from the burning demon ichor. "It is truly fascinating... the effects of different blood concoctions in one Shadowhunter... versus the effects of only demon and angel ichor in individuals."

"You psycho maniac," Nyx spat out through gritted teeth, her eyes rolling to the back of her head as she seized, finding herself not being able to breath properly. Her body was slick with sweat, her skin pale and feverish from the burning sensation coursing through her veins. Taking over her very being.

"That may be true, but it is the love for my children that keeps me grounded through these... experimentations," Valentine grinned, stepping back to prepare the last injection for the time being, wanting his daughter to rest and recover. Well, rest, he didn't know about recover though; the effects of those injections were certainly long-lasting, possibly permanent. 

"The love for your children?" Nyx laughed out almost maniacally, spitting out the blood that pooled in her mouth, breathing heavily from both the pain from the injections and the pain from her wound inflicted by Alec. The stab wound itself had yet to heal, and the messy bandages that kept little pressure on the split skin were soaked with old and new dark, crimson blood. "I wasn't aware you were capable of anything remotely close to care, let alone love."

"I'm a man with many secrets," Valentine grinned, tightening the leather straps on Nyx's wrists, ankles and midsection so that it bit at her skin. 

"Ain't that the truth?" Nyx mumbled lowly, biting her split lip when she felt the old leather wrapping around her ankle give away a little. She only needed a window of opportunity, and then she can get herself out of this damn lair. 

"I'm sorry?" He asked, not hearing what she had said. "Can you repeat that?" He leaned down close to her face, and grinned, his dark eyes glinting with malice. His eyes reminded her that of a shark's. She only smirked, and with a little effort, she brought her foot up, ripping the leather away and knocking her knee against her father's skull, grunting when she ripped through one of her wrist straps and punching him right in the nose. She grinned when he let out a grunt, his nose giving a satisfying crack. She took that time to rip the strap of her other wrist and leg quickly, making quick work with keeping the man who had kidnapped her away from her while she ripped the leather strap on her torso. 

Nyx stumbled when she jumped down from the metal table she was uncomfortably strapped on, her vision swimming and her head throbbing. A kick on her back sent her sprawling to the floor and scrambling to get up, throwing a blind punch that landed on Valentine's jaw, and then a more calculated kick to his chest and his neck. 

He was surprised, that much was obvious to her. She knew that he thought that she was too weak from the injections he had been stabbing her with, the effects from the liquids incapacitating her for the time being. But, while that may be true, what he didn't know about her, or didn't understand completely, was that she didn't need her full strength to take him down; her intense hatred and anger towards him was enough to keep her going. Nyx delivered a strong roundhouse kick to his head and was relived when he crumpled to the ground, groaning and unable to get up. She then picked herself and was about to leave when she caught sight of the empty syringe on a small cart beside the table she was previously in. Nyx did need a weapon, so she grabbed it for protection and hightailed out of the room, jogging to keep herself from burning out. 

"Hey!" Nyx heard from afar. Her hand clutched the syringe tighter and ran a little faster, rounding corners and entering hallways, searching for an exit in this maze of a lair. A hand caught her shoulder and sent her flying back, her back crashing against the stone ground painfully, and her body tumbling back a few feet. She looked up to see Jace standing above her, a smirk on his pale pink lips.

"Jace?" Nyx asked in confusion, not knowing if what she was seeing was real, or just a hallucination from the pitch black blood she was injected with earlier. 

"Not quite," 'Jace' chuckled and waved his stele over his forearm, causing the rune drawn there to glow and then reveal what's beneath the surface. 'Jace's' face then morphed; his golden hair darkened to a mud brown, his light eyes swirling into a pool of gloomy green leaves, glinting with evil intentions. "I have to say, that kiss from the other day was one of my favorites, you really know how to excite a man."

"I also know how to hurt a man," Nyx growled, charging the man she had planted a tracker on, swiping the syringe's needle at his throat, huffing when he ducked and sent a jab to her wounded side. He went for another punch, leaving his side open. She immediately took that opportunity and stabbed his side with the pointy needle, jabbing him multiple times as he cried out and sent a punch to her throat, pushing her away and falling to the ground, holding his side. Blood rushed to the surface and ran down his fingers as Nyx coughed and gasped for air, feeling her throat and jumping over his body, her fingers slick with his blood on the syringe. 

As she jumped over his body, his hand clasped around her ankle in a vise grip and sent her crashing down to the ground, her head cracking onto the stone ground. She grunted and send a couple of kicks to his head until he let go, his body going limp. Nyx stumbled once again as she came to her feet, and resumed her trek towards the exit, wherever that might be. 

Her exit was in sight after several long minutes, and after knocking down three more Shadowhunters and losing her syringe, she stumbled out, tightening her grip on the serpah blade she stole from the unconscious men she left behind, her vision swimming. The cold air of New York City bit at her exposed skin, leaving her shivering in her ripped black leather jeans and her blood stained black tank top. Her ankle ached in her boots, feeling bruises form where the Shadowhunter had clutched and sent her sprawling on the ground. It didn't matter anymore though, because she was out. That, however, did not mean that she was free. 

Her feet pounded on the pavement as she ran and ran and ran. Running as fast as she could, for as along as she could, away and away from that lair and away from her father. Sadly, she could not run away from her problems, her demons, because they always came crawling back to her. Sticking to her skin like blood on a shirt. 

Did ya miss me? I'm pretty sure you missed this story more, though! If you haven't noticed already, I am not dead, and I AM BACK! This chapter is sort of a filler for what's to come, but this corresponds to the timeline of the tv show, which means that as Nyx escaped from the lair, Clary had entered the portal to the alternate dimension. 

More updates will be coming soon, so hold your horses people. Thank you so much for sticking by me and voting and commenting and whatnot on my stories, especially when I had not updated in so long. 

I had published a Harry Potter story a while back, and just wanted to tell you to check it out, because it's awesome, I promise. I have so many ideas for that book! Anyway, hope you enjoy this chapter!

xox