14. "Caught up in the moment"

I got back to the cabin and hid in the kitchen, luckily nobody was home. Kian left a note saying they're going to the waterfall and will be back later.

I sat on a kitchen stool and laid my head on the table, I should go up to my room before Jc gets back. As I began walking up the stairs the door burst open with Jc stumbling in with all the picnic leftovers.

"Bailey hear me out" Jc begged as he dropped the stuff on the floor.

"Jc my head hurts and I'm tired, I need sleep"

He grabbed my arm and turned me around, "I didn't mean to put you in a tough situation, and I know you're mad at me for just dropping this on you, I just really like you"

I let out a small chuckle in annoyance and rolled my eyes, "you don't understand I'm not mad at you, I'm mad at myself" he looked at me with a puzzled look, "I'm mad at myself because I think I feel the same way, but you're making everything so complicated! I belong to my fiancé and you belong to the parties, we can never be together" I said angrily as I stomped upstairs.

"You like me?" He said with a bit of amusement in his tone.

I gripped my hair and turned back around, "I don't know!"

I walked upstairs and into my room and threw myself onto my bed. This is going to ruin everything, the wedding, what if my mother finds out? What will happen? I would ruin everything, my mother would kill me! I have to fix this maybe I should tell Jc I was joking, but he wouldn't believe me.

SOMEONE SHOOT ME.

I buried my face in the covers and eventually fell asleep.

-

I woke up to a light knock at the door. I groaned in frustration and got up to answer it, I was expecting Jc but it was Cristy.

"Are you here to yell at me again? Because if you are, go right ahead, I'm drained so most likely I'll fall asleep, but go ahead" I said as I laid back down.

She rolled her eyes at me and sat next to me, "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have yelled at you so badly"

I looked up at her in surprise, "well.. um. I'm glad you apologized"

"Yeah me too" she smiled.

She gave me a small side hug as Alice walked in with a small grin on her lips.

"Are we all good in here?"

"Of course" Alice smiled as she laid her head on my shoulder.

Alice smiled, "good. It was getting boring here without you Bailey"

Cristy knew something was off because she grabbed my face with her hands and turned me to face her, "what's wrong?"

I faked a smile, "nothing"

She squinted her eyes at me, "you're lying. Now spill." She ordered as she got comfy. Alice sat at the end of the bed and looked at me with wide eyes.

I scratched the back of my neck and looked at both of them for a quick second, "well.. um. As you know Jc and I went on a picnic together-"

"No please tell me you didn't have se-"

"No! No! No way!" I shouted as I stopped her immediately, "no.. we had a great time until he just started complimenting me and telling me how beautiful I am and how I drive him crazy, a-and.. it made me feel so special and made me so.. happy. And um.." I looked away from them and looked down at my hands, "And he confessed that he well you know likes me or whatever and I don't know.. just hearing him say it was a total different thing, so I freaked, and left. I came back here and somehow he caught up and I-i.. I told him how I feel"

"Bailey.. what did you say?" Alice asked with a low tone.

"Listen.. I was caught in the moment and I didn't mean it, are you serious? I don't like him" I said with a huff, "I'm a responsible women, I know my expectations, okay?"

They both nodded as if agreeing at every word I was saying.

"You scared me, for A bit I thought you actually liked him.." Cristy said as if it were a sin.

I let out a huff, "me? Like him? Please" I laughed, "he's an irresponsible guy w-who goes to parties and drinks until he doesn't remember his name.. and does nothing but talk into a camera for a living"

Believe me when I say everything I said I instantly regretted. It just came out, it wasn't true at all I just needed an excuse. I know I'll regret this soon I just feel it deep in my gut.

Cristy let out a loud laugh, "a little too harsh Bails"

I shrugged my shoulders and let out a slight smile.

"Bailey has a little sass in her" Alice giggled.

"I'm sorry but I don't date people like him" I chuckled as I laid my head back.

"Ouch, that even hurt me" Cristy said.

I closed my eyes and instantly began thinking about banging my head against the headboard until I bled out.

-

We talked for a few more hours until we came out for a snack.

I wanted to take this time to talk to Jc a little and explain to him that I didn't mean what I said about having a small crush on him, I was caught up in the moment.

The girls walked into the kitchen with Kian as I walked over to Jc who was sitting on the couch.

"Hey" I smiled as I sat next to him, he didn't even look up or acknowledge my presence, "listen, I didn't mean what I said earlier about liking you, I-"

He looked up at me with watery eyes, "you were caught up in the moment, I get it. You also don't like irresponsible guys who party and drink until they can't remember their name and who.. who talk into a camera. I get it Bailey" he got up from the couch but I grabbed his hand.

All I could do was shake my head, "no.. I-i didn't mean what I said, I swear.. I was just you know I was.. making an excuse they can't know that I like you-"

He pulled his hand back and turned his body towards me, "let me get this straight, so you 'like' me but you don't want your friends to know so you talk shit about me because your embarrassed of me?" He shook his head and licked his lips, "you're not a kid anymore, stop playing games with me and grow up"

Just like that he climbed the stairs and slammed his room door shut.

You've done it again Bailey. You've screwed it up again.

Well done Bailey.