37. "Choose me"

It's been four days since my panic attack and all that time I remained in my room. Nobody bothered me, the only one that knew about this was Jc and he didn't tell anyone. They would go on hikes and asked if I was feeling good enough to go to the lake but I kindly declined. Jc asked if I wanted him to stay but I encouraged him to go. I wanted time for myself maybe that'll make me feel better.

I painted my toes a light blue color and rested them on the couch as I flipped through a magazine. The door suddenly opened and Jc walked in while his shorts and hair soaked up the place.

"Hey" he said as he closed the door.

"You're back already? Where's everyone else?" I asked as I looked over at him.

"They stayed back there and will be back later, I'm gonna go get changed, I'll be back" he said as he took off.

I nodded my head even though he was already fine and kept reading articles on my magazine. I flipped through the pages and stopped and went back. On the corner of the page was an article with a picture of Jc and a blonde headed girl.

'YouTube stars Jc Caylen and Lia Marie Johnson'

'Cutest couple'

'Hot and steamy'

All these headlines were in big red letters. I looked at her closely and she was very beautiful, her skin was practically glowing.

"Want something to eat?" Jc asked as he walked down the stairs.

"No thank you. I just ate not that long ago" I said as I looked up at him.

"Whatcha reading?" He asked as he lifted my legs, sat down, and placed my legs on his lap.

"A little about you" I said. He looked at me a little confused and looked over at the magazine, "she's pretty"

"Yeah I guess" he said as he grabbed it from my hands and put it aside.

"Was she your last girlfriend?" I asked as I looked at him.

He nodded his head and leaned his head back.

"I even like her name, Lia Marie Johnson" I said as he shifted around uncomfortably in his seat, "why did you guys break up?"

It was non of my business but curiosity got the best of me.

"I really don't want to talk about it" he mumbled.

I nodded my head. I wanted to know but I respect his answer.

I laid back and closed my eyes as the sunlight hit my face. The warm sensation made my skin warm and tingle. I heard a picture getting taken as I smiled. I opened my eyes and looked at Jc who had his phone pointed in my direction.

"Did you just take a picture of me?" I asked as I leaned in.

"What? No, of course not" he said as he let out a giggle.

I squinted my eyes at him, "let me see"

He showed me the picture and smiled, "gorgeous" I looked at him and let out a small smile.

I shook my head slightly as I looked away.

"What?" He questioned as he got closer to me.

I covered my mouth as I smiled, "it's kind of odd how I see myself nothing close to pretty but you make it seem like I'm a piece of art" I said as I looked out the window.

"Not art, masterpiece" he corrected as he turned to look out the window.

I turned to look at him as he looked away. My hand was shaking as I brought it up to his face. I resisted but as my hand got closer and closer I felt more confident. I caressed his cheek softy and smiled once he turned back towards me. This was the first time I've ever touched him in a way more than friends. I looked at him with adoring eyes.

He grabbed my hand gently and brought it up to his lips, he planted a kiss on the back of my hand. Throughout all of this his eyes never left mine. With my other hand I grabbed the other side of his face and caressed his features gently with my thumb.

I let out a slight smile as my eyes glimmered along with his, two stars dancing to the rhythm of the moon. His cheeks flushed with a light rose color as he gave into my touch. He leaned his head towards my hand and closed his eyes, enjoying every single second of my touch.

I wanted to say something but i didn't want to ruin this moment by saying he wrong thing.

He opened up his eyes and reached over and placed his hand under my chin and with his finger he brushed over my lips and caressed my cheek.

He leaned in as I began to close my eyes. I let out a slight smile once I felt his lips near, we were inches away from each other before the front door burst open.

Shouts and laughter erupted from the entrance. Something about Kian falling.

I quickly pulled away and stood up from the couch. I can't believe I was actually going to kiss him, my lips were only a few seconds away from his and my heart sped up as I caressed his cheek.

"Hey!" Alice shouted from across the room as she dropped her backpack on the floor.

"Hey" I smiled as I walked over to them. I turned back to Jc and he was looking down at his hands while his back was faced towards us.

"Kian ate shit right now" Cristy chuckled as she walked into the kitchen.

"Yeah because you fucking pushed me" he said as he followed after her.

"No! No! I saw everything and she didn't even touch you" Alice said following them. I was left standing alone.

"I know we go over this a thousand fucking times but why? Why can't you just choose me?" Jc asked as he rubbed his face.

"You know why Jc.." I said as I walked closer to him.

"Choose me Bailey, I promise ill be a better person with you, I promise I'll fucking give you the world" he said as he stood up and put his hands up.

I licked my lips and looked away for a second before looking back, "Jc I know you would, you would make me extremely happy, you know it, I know it. But my life is completely upside down, since I've been here, I've never laughed this hard, I've never enjoyed myself like when I'm around you but this is a relationship that's impossible" I looked down at my feet and wiped my hands on my shorts.

He let out a sigh and pulled his hair back, "I understand"

"I made sandwiches, come on in" Alice said as she invited us to the kitchen.

"I'm sorry" I mumbled as I turned away and walked into the kitchen where everyone sat and discussed about their day.

Jc quickly climbed the stairs and slammed the door shut.

"What's up with him?" Kian asked as he looked at me.

I shrugged my shoulders, "I don't know" but I did. He's angry because I won't choose him. If I could I would, I would choose him a million times until I loose my voice saying yes. But I don't have a choice, so the answer is no.